BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

If they release Scourges anywhere as good as the art then I will be so happy.

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Grotesque have got to be too big for a metal blister i'm sure?
    You'd be surprised at what can fit in a blister. In any case, even if they don't come in a blister they could easily come 3 in a box...

I'd rather have a plastic cronos/talos than plastic grotesques.

Chaos Spawns with DE weapons (leftover bits from warriors/raiders or plasticcard blades) and other various bits fit the artwork very well (the palstics are really gorgeous and every chaos/haemoncolus covern player should take a closer look at what a load is inside).

wracks (maybe with a lot of proper bits for the special weapons/searge equivalent could also make haemoncoli)

scourges (atm there is no model for splinter carbines afaik).

fliers (although I think a haemoncoli box is more likely).

Nice to hear that Jes is a good guy. I thought all higher-up-ish GW employees were snobs!! Well, almost all.
    The Krandor 116th Airborne: Flying Arctic Rednecks..IN SPACE!!!
    http://paradoxgaming.intodit.com- Proud seller of time-space disruptions since 2010

Chapter-Master

Hrm, im hoping for Wracks, Grotesques and Talos/Cronos in plastic personally - but I could see Grotesques being metal, and instead Scourges being plastic. Either way, I'm deathly excited since I've wanted to do a Haemonculi army for about 10 years now lol
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Veteran-Sergeant

This is great news. Nothing infuriates me more than the current trend by GW of not releasing the appropriate models for their newest codexes. Hopefully we will see most of the Dark Eldar line in production within the next 7 months as this post suggests!

Chapter-Master

Venom is actually all but confirmed. If you look at the initial sketches Jes made of all th Wyches heads (in this months WD) you can see hes written underneath it "heads not used used in Venom kit"
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

Hi everybody,

I hadn't seen this thread here yet, and have only been keeping an eye on the Warseer one but I have some elaboration on my OP which I have just copied and pasted from Warseer if that's ok? It was a rather long reply, but covers most of the questions people have asked.

From my Warseer thread:

Hi everyone,

well in response to a few of the comments on here I can elaborate on a few bits.

Jes did indeed say that he is absolutely knackered after working on the Dark Eldar and is looking forward to a bit of a break but that there was still a fair bit to do on the Dark Eldar, but that 90% of the stuff in the Codex will definitely be out by June 2011.

In terms of Craftworld Eldar he said that the way he normally works is to alternate between Space Marines and something else, meaning that he would have worked on Marines next. However he doesn't plan to do any more Marine stuff for the foreseeable future as he feels he has passed them off to other designers and sculptors and so hopes to do something different.

One of the reasons that Dark Eldar have fired up his enthusiasm for Craftworld Eldar is simply that the design process and the technological advancements from the Dark Eldar work has meant that the design team now know how Eldar could be done better, using the lessons learnt from the last 5 years. He stated that he really would like to put this into practice but it all depends on what GW want him to do next. The impression I got was that Craftworld Eldar are still a long way off.

The biggest surprise to me was that he had to really persuade GW to let him do the Dark Eldar, as he wasn't allowed any input on the original range and they weren't convinced that a new launch would be that viable. However once he had persuaded them him and Phil Kelly were given a free reign to do pretty much what they wanted.

He said that he very much enjoyed putting some subtle Rogue Trader influences in (some of the beasts are original Rogue Trader ones) and this is something he would like to see more of in the future.

The problem with the plastic Sisters of Battle is indeed the cloth robes on the sleeves as has been stated before, but also the hair strangely enough. One of the particularly tricky aspects of the Dark Eldar ws getting the hair on the Wyches right, as if you have hair flowing in one direction it makes posing more difficult, as everything needs to flow the same way. This suggests that any new SOB figures we see will be much more dynamic. He also said that shoulder pads had been giving them grief, as they want flowing script on them and that is presenting problems too.

In terms of the 4 plastic kits the Venom is definite, as it will have the Wych passengers/hangers on and he wants these to be interchangeable with the Raider so that you can have Wych Raiders. For this reason I think the Venom will be soon as he is keen for people to be able to field Wych cult armies and be able to represent their Raiders appropriately.

He wouldn't say for definite what the other kits were but I do think at least one of them will be one of the flyers. He said the models are done and that the staff in the studio have been very excited about them and have even been running around the studio with them making aeroplane noises!!

He said that they don't look like the Forge World Dark Eldar flyers as they wanted to do something closer to the Craftworld Eldar aesthetic, and that they do look a lot like the Vampire and Phoenix variants, but with a more dark Eldar feel to them.

And the only other thing that I can remember is that he said it is unlikely he will be doing any more Warhammer Fantasy Battle stuff. He admitteded that it has been a long while since he did any in any case, but that he will be concentrating solely on 40K from now on, but that he will be taking a break for a while once the Dark Eldar are finished, so I presume from next June.

Anyway, I'm glad everyone is excited about the news. I don't think Jes will mind me talking about it, he was telling other people in the GW store the same stuff afterwards when signing the Codex so it should be OK, but I feel a bit bad as a lot of the stuff that we talked about was when we were smoking, and I'm hoping that it was ok to post it. I'm sure it's fine.

And yes it is funny that the UK slang for a cigarette means something very different in other countries!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveLL View Post
    You'd be surprised at what can fit in a blister. In any case, even if they don't come in a blister they could easily come 3 in a box...

Considering Grotesques are Oygrn/oblit sized models. I REALY hope there not metal. Making a squad of Grotesques will end up WAY to expensive to be a viable unit for most people (My self included), and I think that would be unfortunate.

Not to mention the Grotesques have enough options for there Srg. that making them in plastic would be beneficial, instead of having to make many different sculpts to cover all the gear options they can take.

I also have not seen anyone convert Grotesques out of chaos spawn, and not just end up making it look like Chaos Spawn in the helmet.
    =/
    Last edited by Lockark; 11-08-2010 at 11:06 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lockark View Post
    Considering Grotesques are Oygrn/oblit sized models. I REALY hope there not metal. Making a squad of Grotesques will end up WAY to expensive to be a viable unit for most people (My self included), and I think that would be unfortunate.

=/
    *Cough* *cough* Wraithguard *cough*
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast