BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    *Cough* *cough* Wraithguard *cough*
    And how much does a single Wraithguard model cost?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Think Wraithguard are about £8-£9 each...dunno how much they charge in the states. So to get a decent size squad thats £40. Or in my case....£88 (i have 11). Which for one unit is a little bit crazy.

I can see grotesques being a plastic launch eventually so people can swap and change with plastic wracks. But the leader of the squad (an Aberration) maybe being in metal. The Incubi box set doesn't come with their squad leader...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

For me wraith Gaurd are $18 a pop in Canadian Dollars. So that's $90 for a squad of five before Taxs!

Ogryn are even worse! At $26.75 a pop your looking at $133.75 just or 5 models! That's not even funny!
    O____o

I could buy a battle force for that kinda money!

The fact that Grotesques are more bulky then wraith guard makes me fear the worse if they do make them metal.

=<
    Last edited by Lockark; 11-08-2010 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockark View Post
    For me wraith Gaurd are $18 a pop in Canadian Dollars. So that's $90 for a squad of five before Taxs!

Ogryn are even worse! At $26.75 a pop your looking at $133.75 just or 5 models! That's not even funny!
    O____o

I could buy a battle force for that kinda money!

The fact that Grotesques are more bulky then wraith guard makes me fear the worse if they do make them metal.

=<
    It could be worse you could spend $77 Canadian for a basic squad if you play a Witch Hunter army. Thats no vehicle and no special or heavy weapons with a Sister Superior. Granted its 10 models, but that is the minimum you will spend on a full squad. Old metal is bad. Jes can't get the plastic Sisters done fast enough for me.

Abbess Sanctorum

It's something around 120 USD to get a full squad of Sisters, no special or heavy weapons included.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Shas'o

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    It's something around 120 USD to get a full squad of Sisters, no special or heavy weapons included.
    WOW! You have got to really want to play sisters of battle bad to pay that much. I really wish they would just do away with the metal models.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

More:
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSilver View Post
    Hi everyone,

well in response to a few of the comments on here I can elaborate on a few bits.

Jes did indeed say that he is absolutely knackered after working on the Dark Eldar and is looking forward to a bit of a break but that there was still a fair bit to do on the Dark Eldar, but that 90% of the stuff in the Codex will definitely be out by June 2011.

In terms of Craftworld Eldar he said that the way he normally works is to alternate between Space Marines and something else, meaning that he would have worked on Marines next. However he doesn't plan to do any more Marine stuff for the foreseeable future as he feels he has passed them off to other designers and sculptors and so hopes to do something different.

One of the reasons that Dark Eldar have fired up his enthusiasm for Craftworld Eldar is simply that the design process and the technological advancements from the Dark Eldar work has meant that the design team now know how Eldar could be done better, using the lessons learnt from the last 5 years. He stated that he really would like to put this into practice but it all depends on what GW want him to do next. The impression I got was that Craftworld Eldar are still a long way off.

The biggest surprise to me was that he had to really persuade GW to let him do the Dark Eldar, as he wasn't allowed any input on the original range and they weren't convinced that a new launch would be that viable. However once he had persuaded them him and Phil Kelly were given a free reign to do pretty much what they wanted.

He said that he very much enjoyed putting some subtle Rogue Trader influences in (some of the beasts are original Rogue Trader ones) and this is something he would like to see more of in the future.

The problem with the plastic Sisters of Battle is indeed the cloth robes on the sleeves as has been stated before, but also the hair strangely enough. One of the particularly tricky aspects of the Dark Eldar ws getting the hair on the Wyches right, as if you have hair flowing in one direction it makes posing more difficult, as everything needs to flow the same way. This suggests that any new SOB figures we see will be much more dynamic. He also said that shoulder pads had been giving them grief, as they want flowing script on them and that is presenting problems too.

In terms of the 4 plastic kits the Venom is definite, as it will have the Wych passengers/hangers on and he wants these to be interchangeable with the Raider so that you can have Wych Raiders. For this reason I think the Venom will be soon as he is keen for people to be able to field Wych cult armies and be able to represent their Raiders appropriately.

He wouldn't say for definite what the other kits were but I do think at least one of them will be one of the flyers. He said the models are done and that the staff in the studio have been very excited about them and have even been running around the studio with them making aeroplane noises!!

He said that they don't look like the Forge World Dark Eldar flyers as they wanted to do something closer to the Craftworld Eldar aesthetic, and that they do look a lot like the Vampire and Phoenix variants, but with a more dark Eldar feel to them.

And the only other thing that I can remember is that he said it is unlikely he will be doing any more Warhammer Fantasy Battle stuff. He admitteded that it has been a long while since he did any in any case, but that he will be concentrating solely on 40K from now on, but that he will be taking a break for a while once the Dark Eldar are finished, so I presume from next June.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

The Dark Mechanic

I heard this week that there will NOT be a Battleforce for Dark Eldar, probably because of a similar issue as with Daemons and the four Chaos powers. Given that a lot of DE players are Wyches only or Kabalites only, a mixed Battleforce might not be the seller they'd need it to be to be worthwhile. And of course, shelf space in mostly small GW stores is always an issue when they decide whether or not to produce another large box and may have factored in here as well.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Librarian

That's too bad, but not unsurprising. Well, I'll just make my own eBayttleforce.

Chapter-Master

Well, DA do have like, three different battle forces...
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast