BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Librarian

The weakened Kabalites rally
    Not to nitpick too heavily (but I'm about to nitpick), but wasn't this squad below 50%? They shouldn't have been able to rally, due to my least favorite rule of all time. It doesn't seem like it would've had much effect on the game, although the end would've been closer, I guess (7-5, since there was a Haemo with the Warriors).

Sounded like a blast to play! I assume that as darkness finally fell, the Dark Eldar swooped off into the night, dragging their newly-acquired slaves with them, and the remnants of the Craftworlders gathered around their fallen titans to mourn.

Chaplain

@Droofus: Less cinematic, more British weather being a pain in the neck. Didn't help that my proper camera ran out of battery after the deployment shot and I had to take the last 3 with my iPhone.

@Drew: It was cold out there. My brain doesn't work as well in the cold. They really shouldn't have done that. Maybe I can claim they froze to my gameboard for a bit.
    Cyberscape7 and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    My Beloved Blog: http://www.bryssling.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post

You don't Fleet during the Shooting Phase. You Run. All Fleet does is allow you to assault even if you Ran with a unit in the Shooting Phase. I know this is a minor thing, but it irks me to no end!
    You have to remember Buffo, it was called a fleet move much longer than it has been called a run...I still call it fleet (it pisses off one of my friends a lot)

Chapter-Master

Eldar had too many small squads and squads not in transports. Pathfinders should have been shooting the Talos, not the reapers. Reaper exarch should use the Tempest Launcher really, as its a better fit in the anti-heavy infantry role with the rest of the squad.

I'm not a fan of banshees, especially banshees without a tin-can to ride around in with an attached farseer. The avatar is a boon in your opponent's shooting phase, but without terminator armor or FNP, he's a bane during any close combat within 12" of him in which you'll lose. Keep that in mind as you deploy him. I usually start to separate him from the rest of my forces by turn 2.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Master Bryss View Post
    I was under the impression that Transports didn't count towards the limit as you bought it with a unit, but maybe I'm wrong.
    Just so you have a reference. It's detailed on p93 in the rulebook under 'Dawn Of War'. Look in the italicized paragraph under the pic.

And remember that you don't have to deploy any forces at all. It states, 'up to 2 units from Troops...up to 1 unit from HQ'.

Vectored engines are a bit of a waste, as the transported unit is only destroyed when immobilized on your player turn. Thus can only happen if you ram, fail dangerous terrain, or take friendly fire.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    You buy 10 models and their transport. In game terms, the rule of thumb is that if it moves on its own, it is a unit.

The 10 models is a single unit, and the transport is a single unit. That is two units within a single FOC selection.

Heck, if you read the Dawn of War rules, you are specifically told this :P
    Damn, you're right! It's in the caption that the dedicated transport counts as a second unit of troops. My friend and I have never played that way. That's a stupid rule. Under what circumstance, exactly, would a unit of troops with a transport choose to leave it behind because, you know, it's kind of dark out?

I guess there is something to be said for, say, a Tau transport providing a significant advantage over a unit of termagaunts, but still...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12