BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Flesh Tearer Sanguinary priest?

Hey there all. Quick question on how to make my Sanguinary Priests in my snazzy new Flesh Tearer army stand out. I've essentially used Sanguinary guard for them which oughta make them obviously different enough from the rest of the squad but I feel like I should do something different for the paint scheme. I'm getting the army ready for Da Boyz this weekend and these are my last 2 minis to get done and I'm really just stuck on how to paint them. I'm open to anything so any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!
    letsagetabitarockin!

First-Captain

Well white I'm sure will stand out in any BA successers due to all the red.
    And this would fit with the appocathary role.

But maybe Black so They contrast with most squads but not bright?
    For the Greater good.

Battle-Brother

The problem with black gcsmith is that the Fleshtearers colour scheme already includes a significant amount of black, and the red is much darker than the traditional Blood Angels red.

I would suggest going with white, but not all over. You could try replacing the black from the standard colour scheme with white and see how that looks. That way you keep the red base colour, but they should easily stand out when viewed from a standard playing position relative to the table.

Occuli Imperator

Do red and white... Paint the flesh tearers scheme but put white where the black should go.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Rodders, get some pics on of the army so far so we can get a better idea of what might help. White is an obvious choice as already remarked, but given their much darker/grimmer look and feel then maybe a contrasting "darkish" colour might also work. Look forward to seeing you there mate - maybe we'll get a blood feud going depending on the draw

Thanks for the replys. Great to hear that you are coming out as well Seb!

I'm frantically finishing these guys up still, mostly cleaning up, basing and detailing and waiting on the transfer paper to come in the mail. So here are some pics of them. My guys aren't going to win any awards (painting is not my forte!) but I'm happy with them and am content with table top quality and a nice middle of the road paint score (we cant all make gorgeous blood angel armys).

letsagetabitarockin!

Tell me about it! I'm down to my last 5 guys to finish and it's taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!!

The army is looking good mate, and a tough call on the SP colour. You don't want something so dark as to mingle in with the rest of the force, but then white will be like, "hey, shoot me, the really bright marine!!" How about a grey, or maybe just a "spot of white" like just a shoulder pad or helmet, nothing else?

Thanks man! Yeah I think I'll do the helmets white on them. Also debating keeping the wings or not. Excited to see all you guys this weekend tho.

Good luck to you and see you there!
    letsagetabitarockin!

Chapter-Master

Here's one of mine:
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 11-10-2010 at 03:03 PM. Reason: .

Librarian

Personally, i'd make him look like hes been mangled and is bleeding all over the place. Make him a living grail, a chalice bearing Sanguinius' blood.
    Flesh Tearers are pretty much cannibal vampires. If you're using the Sanguinary Guard bodies, you can cut up the chest area pretty easily.

White/Pale Skin (perhaps the Sickly Skin from the recent BoLS article with moar light?) and loads of scabs and flowing wounds. For teh fun.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast