Ravager
    • Nightshields
    • Flickerfields

Ravager
    • Nightshields
    • Flickerfields

Army Total = 1500

Basic idea is:
    • Duke and his Kabalite warriors fly round hitting on re-rollable 3s and wounding on 3s, the extra protected raider should last a turn or 2 if it hug cover
    • The wych squard with the 2 hydra gaunlets go after the largest group of enemies, hopefully getting off lots of attacks
    • The sharnet and impaler wyches go after a sqaurd with more than 2 attacks (preferable MCs) and hopefuly run them down, taking little casualties in return
    • Incubi go after anyone with a decent save, then the venom puts in poision shots
    • The reavers just harras any units and hopefully draw fire away from more valuable targets
    • The ravager just sit back and shoot really, with the night shields, hopefully they should be able to use the full range of their weapons

Reavers consolidated into 1 squad with a Heat Lance added

C & C welcome
    Last edited by Dominic; 11-08-2010 at 03:26 PM.

First-Captain

Overall looks good, but maybe swap reavers with blood brides? I mean they would do better at the role you want for the reavers. Survive longer, and hit harder
    For the Greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Overall looks good, but maybe swap reavers with blood brides? I mean they would do better at the role you want for the reavers. Survive longer, and hit harder
    The reavers are meant to be an annoyance and then die, and not be a hard hitter, and for 172, I wouldn't get many, considering I would need a raider to put the, in. AND I love the models

First-Captain

well if u love the models go for it, I would suggest then getting a heat lance just to make them more annoying
    For the Greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    well if u love the models go for it, I would suggest then getting a heat lance just to make them more annoying
    I've got the points to give one of them a heat-lance, so I might as well

I really appreciate your input, thanks

First-Captain

No problem. Its funny as Im a noob with every 40k army, but seem to be a DE pro. Must be my underhand keniving nature.
    Glad to help fellow evil space elves.
    For the Greater good.

So why does everyone DOG revers. I cant figure this out. What is not surviveable about a unit that always has a 3+ cover save and never has to engage anything in CC? Last time I checked a 3+ save was good...

Drop the Heat lances on them and add in another bike. Keep them boosting and hitting infantry. You have ravagers to kill vehicles. Once those paper transports go down so does your mobility. Those bikes will be able to engage units that you wyches may not be able to.

(2 cents)

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeemugg View Post
    So why does everyone DOG revers. I cant figure this out. What is not surviveable about a unit that always has a 3+ cover save and never has to engage anything in CC? Last time I checked a 3+ save was good...
    I simple flamer would kill them outright, unless they had a pain token which is possible in this list with the re-rollable combat drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeemugg View Post
    Drop the Heat lances on them and add in another bike. Keep them boosting and hitting infantry. You have ravagers to kill vehicles. Once those paper transports go down so does your mobility. Those bikes will be able to engage units that you wyches may not be able to.
    Dropping the heat lance won't pay for another bike unfortunatly

First-Captain

I dnt like reavers personally. I Dnt no why. Ive tried them but the bladevanes seem lackluster.
    For the Greater good.

I do have to say that if your leaving them in "Flamer" range shame on you. You have 3 feet to keep out of enemy fire. 3 feet to put yourself in good position. If flamers are what you fear I question how they are being played.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast