BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2011 - Year of the 40k Flyer?

Sounds rather lovely, if accurate:

Quote Originally Posted by Stickmonkey View Post
    So after reading the recent post about Jes's comments I wanted to get some inside skinny.

We know Jes mentioned the DE flyers as being "on the way" And we have had constant rumoring of the Storm Raven.

Well I did some work asking and this is what I have to report.

There are currently 7 flyers in development...some complete, some nearing completion.

Possibility for a summer "Flyer" White Dwarf to introduce them, including special rules.

Tau, Eldar/DE, Ork, SM, Nid, ???

It makes a lot of sense, but if each of these is roughly the size of a Valk set, that's a huge release.

It would give credence to prior rumors the Storm Raven would not be released with GK...assuming GK still make Q1.

It doesnt seem to invalidate anything Jes has said.

We have had a history of these "combined" releases occuring mid year for a few years.

Cheers.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I kinda expected them to eventually do something like this, and I'm glad it sounds like it might very well happen. I could see Orks getting deffkoptas, I guess the stormraven is likely too.

Wishlist : I'd love to see a necron flyer that looks like their small ships in BFG. But doutbful they'd do that.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

If nothing else, it'd be a great reboot for apocolypse games. Apart from the Valk, those few of us lucky enough to have FW kits and those of us mad enough for some of the awesome converstions out there, access to flyers is more or less nil.

Personnally I have a small air wing, but don't often get to use them in Apoc games because they can be overwhelming for someone who doesn't have flyers themselves, or a ton of anti-air. Hopefully, with a few more GW priced models (as opposed to FW prices) out there, we can have a good few airbattles in the 41st millennium. That or i could just get a few more squadrons for Aeronautica Imperialis :P
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Abbess Sanctorum

The last one would obviously be IG/Inquisition/Sisters.

Thunderbolts, Lightnings, Marauders, Vultures, VAlkyries, Aquilas, Arvus'.

Quite a selection to choose from-- and probably not complete.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

First - Cool. This is needed. Even though I've already got a healthy Eldar airforce, I could always use more.

Second - damnit I have to wait until summer for a storm raven!?!

Librarian

Hope this is true, for Stormraven, a plastic Thunderhawk or so...

But also hope it is also the year for the wolf mounted cavalry for the sons of Russ!!
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar“s Gauntlets

The Dark Mechanic

Sound interesting and plausible based on the Spearhead release concept of last summer.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Space marines riding dragons.

Would there be anything cooler?

Abbess Sanctorum

A guardsman without a special weapon is cooler.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    A guardsman without a special weapon is cooler.
    Does not exist!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast