BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Drew da Destroya View Post
    Wait, Ork Rokkits? They can hit things? Are you bringing 100 man Tankbusta mobz or something?

My rokkits never hit anything... I've given up on them, and just swing Klaws and Rollas. Kannons are a bit more effective, or Kan-Rokkitz.
    Abso-fething-lutely. Orks should love flyers, because their shooting is woeful to begin with, and there really is no difference between a Thunderhawk and a Chimera to them. Without AA mounts, absolutely everything needs 6s to hit, and blast weapons cant hit them at all. Want to kill a flyer? Bring AA. Failing this? Spam missiles. One of them will hit sooner or later!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Koppenflak View Post
    Abso-fething-lutely. Orks should love flyers, because their shooting is woeful to begin with, and there really is no difference between a Thunderhawk and a Chimera to them. Without AA mounts, absolutely everything needs 6s to hit, and blast weapons cant hit them at all. Want to kill a flyer? Bring AA. Failing this? Spam missiles. One of them will hit sooner or later!
    I have to agree 100%. My phoenix ONLY dies to ork twin linked rokkit attacks.

One shot is all it takes for those things to hit the dirt.

I have to agree - Twin Linked ANYTHING is dangerous to fliers. 1st time I took fliers, they got shot down by a Dread with twin-linked lascannon.

TL, high strenght is really what is most dangerous to fliers.

One game I had my valkyrie flier with straken absorb around 7k of fire (he was treatening to land and take my oponents home objective) without any problems. hydras arent that scary if you've got AV12 vs their puny s trenght of 7.

then the space wolves player realiced his assoult-transports (landraiders) had another use other than to deliver ferious combatants savely into melee and shot it down with twinlinked lascannons -.-.

ohh and remoras hate ogryns (ogryns benefit from the ork syndrome. enough shots that hitting on 6 doesnt matter)...

when you think about it the normal godhammer landraider is the best anti-aircraft unit there is. hitting it into the sides doesnt hurt AV14 all around not a bit and most non-superheavy aircraft doesnt have weapons that can more than glance it and in return you have 4 tries to hit with s9 and 6 tries to hit with s5 and if you are evil a single s8 missile that hits on 3+ thanks to beeing pintle-mounted!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123