BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Paintraina View Post
    Space marines riding dragons.

Would there be anything cooler?
    Do you forgot a ironic-smily or something? This is not cool - this is beneath the background of 40K. Infact this is more like masters of the universe - puppy style than proud and heroic space marines.
    Peace through superior Firepower!

MOAR FLYERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As someone else said, kinda like Spearhead, but flying!! Sounds awesome!!! Now, to get to work on a Thud or three and some Hydras...
    The Krandor 116th Airborne: Flying Arctic Rednecks..IN SPACE!!!
    http://paradoxgaming.intodit.com- Proud seller of time-space disruptions since 2010

Chaplain

Looks like I'm the only one who doesn't really dig flyers. I like infantry and tanks, if I wanted aerial dogfights I'd play a game about aerial dogfighting. Plus, I can't think of anything I'd like to paint less than a big helicopter or whatever.

I'll just have to stock up on AA and shoot everyone's shiny new toys out of the skies

Abbess Sanctorum

I don't like flyers either, but if there has to be fliers I'm going to get a lightning and decorate it with Sororitas emblems.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Brother-Sergeant

I hope it's not true. Where in the he111 would I put them? Fine so so I lied. I WANT FLYERS!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by SotonShades View Post
    If nothing else, it'd be a great reboot for apocolypse games. Apart from the Valk, those few of us lucky enough to have FW kits and those of us mad enough for some of the awesome converstions out there, access to flyers is more or less nil.

Personnally I have a small air wing, but don't often get to use them in Apoc games because they can be overwhelming for someone who doesn't have flyers themselves, or a ton of anti-air. Hopefully, with a few more GW priced models (as opposed to FW prices) out there, we can have a good few airbattles in the 41st millennium. That or i could just get a few more squadrons for Aeronautica Imperialis :P
    Hah!
    Sounds like what happens when someone has air superiority!

Yah should have seen it when my friend n' I scratch built a thunderhawk for the first Apocalypse Game we played. 200k, not one AA gun.
    Thunderhawk Lazarus--- named after former 2nd Company Captain of the Blood Angels, hero of the Second War of Armageddon.
    The Thunderhawk was an Angel over your shoulder on the battlefield. Wherever there was desperation, the Thunderhawk was there. When things turned for the worse--- 4 Hv Bolters, 2 Lascannons, 36 Bombs and a Str D pie plate to the rescue. And when a battle line needed reinforcements: a Command Squad, Chaplain, Tycho, Librarian, and 20 Marines disembarked.

You bet that every single Apocalypse Game after that one, there was always a hefty amount of AA covering the battlefield, as well as Ork Fighta Bombers, Lightnings, Nightwings, Barracudas, ect.

Chapter-Master

Having 2 nightwings, 1 phoenix and 2 aa batteries means in the 5 games of Apoc i've played them in i've never once not had 100% air superiority by the end of the game. Once the AA targets are gone, hey just take their pick of the field...between them they've added Trygons, Chapter Masters, Baneblades, Heirodrules, Entire Seer Councils, Thunderbolts, Vendetta Squadrons to their kill list. And only ever had one shot down.

But i think they need to stay in Apocolpyse, not in standard games.

The Valk is beardy as, and when its pointed down so it sells more, i don't want to see more like it
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

You've had the same one shot down twice :P Maybe you won't get air superiority If I count my Warkoptas as Flyers... though would have to be a combined ork/guard force
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Having 2 nightwings, 1 phoenix and 2 aa batteries means in the 5 games of Apoc i've played them in i've never once not had 100% air superiority by the end of the game. Once the AA targets are gone, hey just take their pick of the field...between them they've added Trygons, Chapter Masters, Baneblades, Heirodrules, Entire Seer Councils, Thunderbolts, Vendetta Squadrons to their kill list. And only ever had one shot down.

But i think they need to stay in Apocolpyse, not in standard games.

The Valk is beardy as, and when its pointed down so it sells more, i don't want to see more like it
    Funny,

I have the same force plus a vampire, and my phoenix never survives through a game of Apoc. Mostly they get shot down from traditional arms like Ork rokkits.

The vampire usually only has 1 structure point left at the end of the game- but its basically like a flying revenant so it should be a badass.

Librarian

Wait, Ork Rokkits? They can hit things? Are you bringing 100 man Tankbusta mobz or something?

My rokkits never hit anything... I've given up on them, and just swing Klaws and Rollas. Kannons are a bit more effective, or Kan-Rokkitz.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast