BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Lady Malys Reposition

sorry if asked before, searched but maybe not well enough.

for lady malys special redeployment, you can move d3 units after deployment including placing them in reserve. can you move units in reserve back to the table?

First-Captain

I would say yes, at least if ur playing against me, as it seems to be in the spirit of the rule. Don't if others will though.
    For the Greater good.

Battle-Brother

nice to know

seems to hinge on "redeploy"

to put something in reserve you choose not to deploy. so if you never deployed, you couldn't redeploy. unless you think redeploy allows you to make that choice again.

First-Captain

well on that basis u couldnt put things in reserve, yet it says u can so intention seems to be changing either where on board of if they go on board or not
    For the Greater good.

I've got a quick question about this

Does this and endears redeploy happen before or after seizing the initiative?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by j78 View Post

for lady malys special redeployment, you can move d3 units after deployment including placing them in reserve. can you move units in reserve back to the table?
    No sorry.
    BRB pg.94 "...players may choose not to deploy one or more of the units in their army and instead leave them in reserve."
    Units placed in reserve are not deployed and so cannot be re-deployed.
    Anything on the table sure but nothing can be removed or added.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by j78 View Post

Yes. You decide who is in Reserves as part of your deployment. You are allowed to redeploy units. You can move units in and out of Reserves as you see fit.

You are redeploying, not repositioning.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleDV8 View Post
    No sorry.
    BRB pg.94 "...players may choose not to deploy one or more of the units in their army and instead leave them in reserve."
    Units placed in reserve are not deployed and so cannot be re-deployed.
    Anything on the table sure but nothing can be removed or added.
    I hate to tell you but you're wrong. Her special rules specifically state that you can move a unit that is deployed into reserve, the question was whether or not this extended to placing something that was in reserve back on the table. I'm not sure about the answer to that one, that's definitely an iffy area.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Billyjoeray View Post
    I hate to tell you but you're wrong. Her special rules specifically state that you can move a unit that is deployed into reserve, the question was whether or not this extended to placing something that was in reserve back on the table. I'm not sure about the answer to that one, that's definitely an iffy area.
    You decide to place units in Reserve DURING your deployment. Anything you do with your units at this step is considered deployment.

You have to be careful, because the word 'deploy' also means to physically put units on the table, as opposed to Deployment itself.

Saying you can 'redeploy' is the same as saying 'go back to the beginning of the Deployment phase and start over, without any restrictions, so if you wish to deploy this unit on the table, or put it in Reserves, is up to you.

This is how I read it as, and how I play it as.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Billyjoeray View Post
    Yeah you are correct, her rules do allow placing a unit into reserves, but nowhere does it say you can move a unit from reserves onto the table.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast