BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    I hope to god super heavies never make the 40K regular tabletop. They are way OP for their points...Fired properly a baneblade can kill an entire 1500 point list in one turn...and a stompa with a super dakka blasta can theoretically kill any army in one turn (theoretically infinite ammo)
    this is the most stupid statement I've ever read on all the forums I've ever ever visited.

Unless you design a 1500 points list to the task of fitting under the baneblades one pie-plate and demolisher cannon and both of them hit and you wound everything there is no way in hell you can do that.

most things the baneblade can do a squadron of 3 leman russ can do as well and is overall harder to kill (no chain reaction!)

Abbess Sanctorum

Elites work just fine.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Xas View Post
    most things the baneblade can do a squadron of 3 leman russ can do as well and is overall harder to kill (no chain reaction!)
    A squadron of three Leman Russ tanks is actually pretty easy to kill.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    A squadron of three Leman Russ tanks is actually pretty easy to kill.
    yeah, 1 uber-character charging in and 1 lose 3 tanks.
    Maybe I need to shift to 3 basilisks. (easy to kill but cheaper)
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Xas View Post
    this is the most stupid statement I've ever read on all the forums I've ever ever visited.
    Read the forum posting rules and check your attitude. We're all friends here.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

Woah, who are you guys playing that you don't get a lil worried when you see a banblade or 3 leman russ on the table @ 1500pts?

Abbess Sanctorum

Three Leman Russ tanks is scary.

A squadron of three Leman Russ tanks is not so scary.

Occuli Imperator

True three is for sure better than a squa of three, it's almost as if gw threw out synergy. Also, I have killed a lot more than 1500 points with one superheavy round of shooting... Hence why I'm not allowed to bring out my superheavies any longer.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

My new rule of thumb is "Go apocalypse or go home!" Screw the force org chart, screw kp. It's all about objectives and story!
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Brother-Captain

I do think the FOC is too limiting, but there are probably easier ways to expand it than adding another category. I wouldn't be surprised to see 6th ed 40k go the way of 8th edition Fantasy, with the percentage based system for army building. Some armies fill up the FOC very quickly (Chaos Daemons, Tau). I've got a Tau list where every single FOC slot is filled before I hit 2k points, and it's frustrating.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast