BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stormraven?

Not a fan of it based on this picture alone, but it should be easier enoguh to tweak the wings forward a bit and reinforceing the engine mounts - the tail is an unknown quantity though still.
    Curious Constructs - http://www.curiousconstructs.co.uk
    Kirton Games - http://www.kirtongames.com

Chaplain

The more I look at the pic of the storm raven the more its growing on me. Well i'm getting 3 for sure and maybe some more after that. Think they'll go along with my thunderhawk nicely.
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by sangrail777 View Post
    The more I look at the pic of the storm raven the more its growing on me. Well i'm getting 3 for sure and maybe some more after that. Think they'll go along with my thunderhawk nicely.
    You can use them as the Hawk“s scort group
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar“s Gauntlets

Grand Provost Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    The Internet never fails to amuse me. We complain for months about not having a model and then when we get one what do we do? Complain that it isn't cool enough... I know I'll buy three, cause I'm cool like that.

Duke
    I wouldn't say I don't think it's "cool enough", I'm just not personally drawn to it the way I am to, say, a Valkyrie or Marauder. That said, I've long wanted something to fill in as an Eagle Fighter/Lander for my Arbites, and this looks like a great base for such a conversion by extending out the hull (no need to carry dreads), and replacing the lascannons on the turret with autocannons. Should work out well.

Actually, thats probably a conversion done by one of GW's own... I highly doubt thats the official model. Hell, you can see the various kits its drawn its pieces from.
    Check it: http://hotschnitzel.blogspot.com/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitzel View Post
    Actually, thats probably a conversion done by one of GW's own... I highly doubt thats the official model. Hell, you can see the various kits its drawn its pieces from.
    I am skeptical as well. The front hatch looks exactly like the rear hatch from a rhino.

The Dark Mechanic

Seriously? The last few posts sound like the five stages of grief with several people in the Denial stage. That means the Anger stage is next, which won't be good for forum etiquette. Look over on Dakka's thread about this, there are already lots of people in the second stage.

Of course there are recognizable parts on the thing from the existing Space Marine range, that would be expected. It not only ties the model visually with the existing range, it saves money on sculpting and molding every part from scratch. It's a common practice used on lots of GW kits.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Chapter-Master

Tell me - which one of the existing kits does that top turret belong to?

My plans for my storm ravens:

Ditch the top turret, replace with a razorback turret.

Slice off that hideous top intake.

Extend the wings another inch and a half. Don't know how I'm going to do it, but I will.

The problem with the model is that its too damn tall. That turret on top is just ... oof.

I'm going to take those turrets and use them for the TWL lascannon predator turrets.

Veteran-Sergeant

I quite like it, but I think I'm in the minority.

Price probably at £35 ?
    Souls. Yum.

The Dark Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorsmercy View Post
    I quite like it, but I think I'm in the minority. Price probably at £35 ?
    I'm okay with it. It's not my favorite thing they've done this year, but I like it okay. Looking forward to playing around with at least one after it's released.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast