BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stormraven?

Chapter-Master

The Stormraven looks butt ugly. It seems so impractical that is actually breaks my suspension of disbelief.

It looks as if it just drops out of orbit, falling straight down to earth like a lawn dart, and just face planting itself in the dirt.

It seems waaay to comical with the giant body and tiny disney faerie wings.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Oh and the Thunderhawk could really fly?

You guys need to lighten up. It fits the Universe and is cool.

I am in for 6 to go with my BA Successors. LOVE them.

Alec

[URL="http://apocalypse40k.com/index.php?/forum/32-the-big-game-jan-22-2011/"]Biggest Apocalypse Battle in History, January 22nd at all 4 US Bunkers[/URL]

Your daily dose of Horus Heresy news
    http://apocalypse40k.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Loken View Post
    You guys need to lighten up. It fits the Universe and is cool.
    I'll lighten up when it doesn't look as disproportioned as a pug that ran into a few too many doors face first. But as it stands, it looks stupid.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

right now i believe it is a flying rhino like our f-4 phantoms, but as far as 40k it looks like it holds a few squads will be able to make it a home for coming into battle hot. i plan on getting 1 and sratch building one.

Chaplain

Smile

Who really cares what it looks like IF it can do all they described in the write up!
    cant wait for it to be included with the new Gks Codex.
    Last edited by imperialsavant; 11-29-2010 at 06:47 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    Regards Barry H. "the Emperor Protects!"

I'd rather have a few F-4s....
    The Krandor 116th Airborne: Flying Arctic Rednecks..IN SPACE!!!
    http://paradoxgaming.intodit.com- Proud seller of time-space disruptions since 2010

Iron Father

The thing is with all these new models that are popping up all over GW and Forgeworld do they fit the fluff ?
    I always read that STC (Standard Template Construct) were extremely rare but with new land raiders, storm ravens, new dreadnoughts of some type or another every 2 weeks, not to mention all the new IG stuff. Its obviously all geared towards making money and therefor improving our hobby (which is great) but is any of it fluffy. No not really

Well, STCs by their nature vary from Forge World to Forge World, so thats not too much of a problem. But I do think the Achilles was a step too far, not for the rules, but the facts its like the twentieth LR variant.
    Of course Forge World stuff is extra variety for the veteran gamer so I don't really have a problem with it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Well, STCs by their nature vary from Forge World to Forge World, so thats not too much of a problem. But I do think the Achilles was a step too far, not for the rules, but the facts its like the twentieth LR variant.
    Of course Forge World stuff is extra variety for the veteran gamer so I don't really have a problem with it.
    There's 6 varients, kind of like hows there's 6 plastic Leman Russ variants. Not really as overkill as it's made out to be, hell, there's more baneblade chassis variants then Land Raiders.

The Dark Mechanic

The thing is with all these new models that are popping up all over GW and Forgeworld do they fit the fluff ?
    Who cares, the "reality" in a fantasy universe is flexible and I'd rather see cool new ideas and models than a static adherence to a fictional "reality" created in 1987. As long as the new stuff fits in with the general atmosphere of the older stuff, I don't mind a bit of revisionism on the 40K lore.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast