BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Librarian

Default New Eldar from Forgeworld

The Hornet light tank, and its rules, are now up on Forgeworld.

I like this little guy. Good rules, fills a nice intermediate space between the light Vyper and heavier falcon. The model is very, very nice.
    Although, I'd worry about all the very thin pieces either snapping off or warping badly.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Chapter-Master

Just ordered 3.

Anyone notice the cost of the brightlance?

Abbess Sanctorum

I'm more interested in the Ork glyphs mentioned in the same letter.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

Are the weapons cost for two weapons or do you have to buy each weapon twice? Because that gets way too expensive. This thing's too fragile to be carrying 60pts of bright lances. Though dual-pulse lasers would be pretty awesome (except for the BS 3).
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Yeah the rules are a bit wonky. Another problem being that you can't move 12" and still fire all guns.

Chapter-Master

About the only benefit that I see is that you can make a much better Vyper out of this. Keep your purchases down to just Splinter Cannon/Scatter Lasers, and you have a Vyper that's not open topped, is front and side AV 11 and gets free star engines, all almost as cheap as an actual Vyper.

But other than that, this thing's overpriced.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

I get the impression that you don't actually have to get the same weapon for each hardpoint.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Chapter-Master

You don't.

But like most everything else that is Eldar, the model is awesome, the rules are ..."ehhh"... and the points are "wtf??"

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Yeah the rules are a bit wonky. Another problem being that you can't move 12" and still fire all guns.
    could you with something else?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    could you with something else?
    The new Dark Eldar Ravager (and planes); but otherwise, no.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast