BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shas'o

Default What brings you luck?

Well our game is all about chance, but sometimes we let our selves think that something’s are lucky and unlucky. My little superstition is that painted models do better than unpainted models. When I play with a squad that is unpainted I roll like crap and see a lot of 1's. Then as soon as I get them painted its like magic and I roll a lot better. Also in my group if we want to play dirty we call out for 1's when our opponent is rolling and it ALWAYS works and a whole bunch of 1's appear on the table, it's really eerie...

So I want to hear about your superstitions, what brings you luck and what do you do when you feel like you have the bad mojo?
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

"They are "Rockets" or "Warheads" - NEVER "Missiles"

(Unless describing my opponent's weapons, of course!)

Librarian

I infect 7 people with an illness before each game.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Librarian

I'm not sure on good luck (although painted or converted models do seem luckier!), but I've noticed something with one of my regular opponents. The second his morale breaks (not in-game, I mean when he literally thinks he can't win) he starts rolling terribly. For instance, last night, his land raider blew up after a poorly-thought-out tank shock (and some serious luck from my Kan). He lost 4 Bersekers in the explosion, and then failed to assault out of the crater (he rolled 2" for his terrain test).

Quote Originally Posted by herald of nurgle View Post
    i infect 7 people with an illness before each game.
    roflmao!!!!
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Chapter-Master

Luck? No such thing.

I pray to Jesus and he gives me the edge I need to win.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

When I am playing Dark Elves, I usually invoke Khaine's name before rolling dice, or the Dark Mother. For Skaven, the Horned Rat. As I am yet to play 40k with my Eldar and Dark Eldar armies, I have no idea what I will do.
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Two things:

1. Never EVER tell you're opponent to "make 4 saves" (He will make them!)

2. Never EVER say "anything but 1's" as you roll to hit/wound (You will roll 1's)

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Uthiliesh View Post
    When I am playing Dark Elves, I usually invoke Khaine's name before rolling dice, or the Dark Mother. For Skaven, the Horned Rat. As I am yet to play 40k with my Eldar and Dark Eldar armies, I have no idea what I will do.
    Wait... You haven't played 40k yet?

Who let you out of the Fantasy forums then?

I NEED ANSWERS NOW!!!
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Chapter-Master

NEVER say "Anything but a 1!"

Whilst it will doom your opponant to rolling said number, it will bring you down for the rest of the game. Of course, saying you need anything but a 1 will also cause the inevitable...

I also like to claim that rolling the X dice will result in X dead marines. Oddly this works (saving all of them, more or less) whether I'm playing Space Marines, Guard, Orks or even Vampire Counts!

Also, a couple of beers doesn't hurt
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast