BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: 40k Racing!

Default 40k Racing!

I run a local gaming community and we're looking for new and interesting ways to play 40k. I seem to remember a really awesome ruleset put together somewhere (white dwarf? chapter approved? I cant remember....) for 40k Racing. It consisted of several people putting down vehicles or bikes from different races and zooming around a track....while shooting at each other of course.

Does anyone have any information on this? Do these rules exist? or is this just something that Im mistaking for something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Adeptus Custodes

I heard something like this was done at games day 4 or 5 years ago look up games day. I heard vidincators did pretty well by just blowing everything else up- this was circa 3rd possibly 4th ed so pre fast vindicators

or you could just make your own rules up-my friend and I once made a chaos v loyalist bike racing game that was hours of fun
    More Necromunda please.

Grand Provost Marshal

[URL="http://www.box.net/shared/ybqjh32i5c"]40k Pod Racing[/URL] - It really is a blast with a proper table. I won the first race at BoLSCon 2010. Tons of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaincycle661 View Post
    I run a local gaming community and we're looking for new and interesting ways to play 40k. I seem to remember a really awesome ruleset put together somewhere (white dwarf? chapter approved? I cant remember....) for 40k Racing. It consisted of several people putting down vehicles or bikes from different races and zooming around a track....while shooting at each other of course.

Does anyone have any information on this? Do these rules exist? or is this just something that Im mistaking for something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Raider with Aethersails.
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Uthiliesh View Post
    Raider with Aethersails.
    Wouldn't help with most of the 40k racing rules I've seen. Usually all vehicles use the same movement rules so different models are equally matched.

Chapter-Master

I've seen a few 40k racing games at games day (and even in a local GW store or two) and one horse racing game for fantasy.

I don't know if there are any 'official' rules, but I created my own set for ork bikers racing, and even for tournaments of several linked races. Did take a bit of time, and if someone got a good distance ahead they would be almost impossible to catch if the track didnt loop back on itself (and even then you often needed a lot of luck to catch them).

If you'd like I could put them on here. just don't make your tracks too long
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Faultie View Post
    [URL="http://www.box.net/shared/ybqjh32i5c"]40k Pod Racing[/URL] - It really is a blast with a proper table. I won the first race at BoLSCon 2010. Tons of fun.
    Thanks a lot dude!
    Going to try this out with my mates
    WAAAGH!!!
    Spelling errors are free of charge...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by mountaincycle661 View Post

A really awesome ruleset would be one that you didn't have any role in creating Frenchman :P

(just kiddin dude)