BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

O.k got a look at grey knights

most interested in the ordo xenos character runes of destiny (ability to force rerolls on opponent amour)

I can just imagine the conversation between the seer council and the farseer on this (" you mean we could of got through that power armour all along?!" )

with that and the dark eldar bones of the seer, are we going to see these in the new goodies in the elader dex?

runes of destiny rerolling invun saves is great on power weapons but with witch blades the invun bit is probably only useful on deamons and other seer councils. though fluff indicates it is underpowered compared to full eldar runes.

there was one other thing that caught my eye the inquisitor has a invun from what description and rules appear something identical to a certain autarch piece of gear. Is that a indication that autrch protection won't change ( I don't think it should, it works fine, I don't want my eldar being terminators)?

what are your views?

dave ( desperately clutching at straws though tau and crons need it more) l

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    I don't think the dark eldar codex tells us a huge amount about the next eldar codex, at least no more than any other dex i.e. cheaper troops, new SCs that change army composition etc.
    It does say one thing about the Eldar codex; probably no return for the Solitaire in the Harlequins

Chaplain

Why is it that so many other races get psychic powers for free (some of which can kill a daemon prince instantly(you know what I'm talking about)) and the eldar, most powerful psykers in 40k apparently, have to pay a large amount of points for them. This may just be me, but I reckon that they should bulk up the price of farseers and warlocks slightly, let warlocks have one of their powers for no points, and have the farseer get 2 powers no cost and and extra 2 for maybe 10 points a piece? Anyone else have thoughts on their powers?
    Oh also if anyone has read Path of the Warrior, then those beacons the rangers use to help the eldar deep strike are something I would quite like to see in the new dex
    Last edited by Cyberscape7; 03-27-2011 at 02:44 AM.
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Id like to see:

W Spiders and S Hawks only deviate 1d6 inches when deep striking, or allow a reroll on scatter dice.

Farseers come with 1 power free, option to buy additional power

Phoenix Lords revamped. No one uses them as they are awful, with only 1 having an invuln save. Phoenix Lords allowing their Aspect Warriors to count as troops is a good idea. Or at the least, scoring units.

Autarchs given a perk that makes them viable over a 2 farseer army

Prisms become 1-2 with no restriction of being within 4" of each other like Tomb Spyders. Also a secondary weapon, even a TL Shuriken Catapult upgradable to cannon for when the main gun gets shot off in round 1.

An assault vehicle for Scorpions and Banshees. Either a separate mold vehicle that is an open topped skimmer or an upgrade option for Wave Serpents that convert them to an assault vehicle (for x amount of points)

More characters, perhaps named Exarchs that you could buy (like Telion or Commander Pask) for additional points instead of a normal Exarch

Guardians to have 1 weapon platform per 5 guardians in squad (max 3). Upgrade guardian gun to 18" range.
    Also why limit fusion/flamer upgrades to storm guardians? All guardians should be allowed to have 2 of these weapons per squad. Now the laughable guardians have 2 fusion guns and 2 weapon platforms to deal with (even with their BS 3).

Storm Guardians....something needs to be done to make them better. I like the idea of them, but they are still pretty laughable in cc. They need a power weapon option, and a "Sgt" upgrade to lead them.

Avatar...needs EW, a point reduction, improved init, or some kinda upgrade. Unless he is babysat by a farseer, he usually dies in 1 round and he is an awesome concept.

I like my eldar, I just dont often play them as I think Space Wolves, Vulkan Marines and Chaos are more versitile and have a better chance of winning (for me at least)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345