BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Did the beer color your review?

Do I need to be drunk to enjoy this?
    I doubt you will *need* beer. However, what I said was an oxymoron--- you always need beer for whatever you do in life.

Didn't you hear about that race horse that won every race and then retired? It's secret ingredient was to get up, go for a run in the morning, then drink Guinness. Yes. Guinness with Breakfast. And you become a Winner!

Just have to say Marines and flags are serious business!

Fly Lord

Hey Melissia,

A beer or two will certainly make it better, but its not required. One of the cool things is this is a movie made for us, the players and fans. It has a lot of little details here and there that only us vets will appreciate, and I think it was very cool for Codex to put them in.

I agree that if this is a success, I would expect them to be able to tell even better stories with larger budgets next time.

Also, agree with Darkwynn - don't mess with Marine standards!

Finally, bone up on your General Zod references... you'll see
    Last edited by Bigred; 11-15-2010 at 08:09 PM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

your review really lowered my view of the upcoming film.

in your description it seams the filmmakers dont have a clue about what they are makeing the film.

The fact I'm refering to is that you do NOT become a tactical marine after scout training, especially not as an ultramarine.

With ultramarines the tactical marines are the most senior brothers before the veterans.

After scout training (first on foot, later on bikes) you become a devastor to train your aim with long range weapons and get a feeling for the battle while usually beeing out of harms way thanks to your big range.
    After beeing a devastor you become an assoult marine to hone your skills in close combat.
    Only then when you have mastered both aspects of beeing a marine you are made a tactical marine where you have to "switch" between both roles within the blink of an eye if the situation requires so.

I hope this is the only mistake they have done...

Shas'o

When I first heard that there was going to be a 40k movie I was thinking "About darn time!" But after reading that GW had been pestered by Hollywood for awhile and that Hollywood wanted to change it up I applaud GW for holding out. Sure a big budget film of 40k could look jaw dropping, but if they are going to have a space marine falling in love then I'm out, and I'm sure a lot of you would be with me. In the grim dark future there is only WAR! Not love. I'm also glad that codex pictures had to raise the money to do it. That shows commitment and in today’s world commitment is hard to come by. I was going to buy this movie even if the graphics down right sucked, but even watching the trailer it looks good enough for me. I will gladly support the movie and the company in hopes that they get to make even more 40k movies. I would love to see some space marines going up against the Tyranids, or maybe they might do an Eldar movie where they fight against Slannesh Daemons. Heck, I don't even play fantasy but wouldn't mind seeing a warhammer fantasy flick.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Xas View Post

in your description it seams the filmmakers dont have a clue about what they are makeing the film.

The fact I'm refering to is that you do NOT become a tactical marine after scout training, especially not as an ultramarine.

With ultramarines the tactical marines are the most senior brothers before the veterans.

After scout training (first on foot, later on bikes) you become a devastor to train your aim with long range weapons and get a feeling for the battle while usually beeing out of harms way thanks to your big range.
    After beeing a devastor you become an assoult marine to hone your skills in close combat.
    Only then when you have mastered both aspects of beeing a marine you are made a tactical marine where you have to "switch" between both roles within the blink of an eye if the situation requires so.

Xas they follow that fluff. In the collectors edition they go into that and they call them only initiates or novices as they have not been in a great war like the captain or the veterans with them. The marines are ones that have seen plenty of combat and you can tell by that just looking at their faces. They are no new in any way shape or form from combat. I think Codex pictures got it perfect.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Xas View Post

You really care that much about some minor detail? I mean, really, it's almost as bad as some trekkie nerd going on a rant about how Kirk never would have done X, because in season 2 episode 12 he was faced with a similar choice and made a different decision.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    You really care that much about some minor detail? I mean, really, it's almost as bad as some trekkie nerd going on a rant about how Kirk never would have done X, because in season 2 episode 12 he was faced with a similar choice and made a different decision.
    Your right, cause everyone knows Kirk wasn't in season 2 episode 12... Lol

Seriously though, if we get hung up on a detail about a movie we haven't seen yet I think that is being overly critical. It's like calling a blind date a giant fatty cause she asked you to meet her at a restaurant... Ok it's nothing like that but you know what I mean... I think.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Your right, cause everyone knows Kirk wasn't in season 2 episode 12... Lol

Seriously though, if we get hung up on a detail about a movie we haven't seen yet I think that is being overly critical. It's like calling a blind date a giant fatty cause she asked you to meet her at a restaurant... Ok it's nothing like that but you know what I mean... I think.

Duke
    Any girl who likes a good feed is fine by me .

Anywho I think the review was an eye opener and has actually now made me more inclined to want to watch it. I still think the pictures of the marines I have seen resemble OAPs in power armour and they would look just as happy in a queue in the post office on a tuesday morning getting their pention as on a battle field. But we know were all going to watch it and more than likely enjoy it too. I wont be picking it apart for any minor mistakes or the graphics. It is what it is. I was interested to read that GW had little involvement and I wonder if this is also the case with the upcoming MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwynn View Post
    Xas they follow that fluff. In the collectors edition they go into that and they call them only initiates or novices as they have not been in a great war like the captain or the veterans with them. The marines are ones that have seen plenty of combat and you can tell by that just looking at their faces. They are no new in any way shape or form from combat. I think Codex pictures got it perfect.
    if it was just a misscomunication I'm very pleased to hear it and can continue looking forward to the film

and really this isnt a MINOR detail.

haveing a purity seal too much or few would be a minor detail...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast