BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trueborn

Quote Originally Posted by Xas View Post
    so basically if your tactical squad thinks 30 gaunts arent a problem because they are only s3 they are saying a space marine assoult squad isnt a problem either.
    To be fair, most marine players actually are not afraid of 9 assault marines. It's the tenth dude with the power fist that's scary.

Also, the 30 guant mob is more dangerous than you're giving it credit for - those 30 S3 swings become 60 on the charge (if they can all make it into range, which is easier said than done).

Imo a better round out version of trueborn.... 8 trueborn with 4 blasters 2 shard carbines and 2 splinter cannons
    mounted in raider with splinter racks and for fun add the duke! lots of splinter killing goodness and massed anti tank killing if needed and if you have to assault let the duke deal his damage but i wouldnt assault with them if i had a choice
    Last edited by rle68; 11-27-2010 at 04:20 PM.

Splinter racks only affect splinter rifles and pistols, not carbines or cannons. I'm also not sold on buying cannons on a mobile short range squad as your only getting one extra shot for five points.

yes i realized yesterday the racks werent going to work ill still stand by the weapon outfit simply as if they dont move the number of shots increases and assault 4 is still nasty so to me its worth the 5 points

Quote Originally Posted by Sparfunk View Post
    Splinter racks only affect splinter rifles and pistols, not carbines or cannons. I'm also not sold on buying cannons on a mobile short range squad as your only getting one extra shot for five points.
    OK here is my basic makeup for my army
    2x 10 Warrior Squads (Basic) on a Raider with Flicker Field, Splinter Racks, Night Shields.
    1x 8 Warrior Trueborn (3x Blasters, 5 ShardCardbines) on a Raider with Flicker Field and Night Shileds and on this Raider Duke Sliscus.
    What I usually do is Deep Strike these guys when necessary,
    But I have 2 Squads Wyches (Also on Raiders) and 1 Squad of Incubi 8 with Drazhar Leading them also on a Raider.
    I have played 23 battles in the last month or so. 22-1.

Trueborn are dangerous at range, no real reason to get them into close combat. I run a group with shardcarbines and splinter cannons, in a raider with splinter racks and with the Duke. They kill so many things. Oh so many things. Pricey, but... so worth it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12