BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Scythean

Librarian

Default Scythean

This is a great Legion of Everblight warbeast that I painted (for a client).

I really love the new Carnivean variants, although they are a pain to assemble.

Here he is:

www.GardenNinja.com

Quote Originally Posted by odinsgrandson View Post
    I really love the new Carnivean variants, although they are a pain to assemble.
    I assume you mean the metal Ravagore and Scythean? Having put together two metal carniveans, 1 metal scythean, and 1 metal ravagore, I can assure you that the new plastic multi-kits are an absolute joy to assemble.

That aside, this is quite an impressive paint job, especially the blighted flesh. I also have to commend you on balancing the scythean's annoyingly unbalanced feet as you did. Bravo, sir.

I like the bone colors you did. It almost looks like wood. The base it quite nice as well.

Was this the metal or plastic kit? I have the old metal battle box and haven't touched it after looking at the Carnivean. Might go back to it after I finish painting up the Cryx box.

Based on the fact that he said it was a pain to assemble, I'd assume this was metal. The metal scythean and ravagore kits are not as bad as the metal carnivean kit, as the chest is hollow on both of them, but they're still a pain in the butt.

Based on the fact it is from 2010, unless a certain doctor was involved in its acquisition it is most definitely metal.

Haha, I should have paid more attention to the dates, whoops >.>