BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Threaded View

Default Express elevator to hell!! GOING DOWN!!

1500 Deep strike themed list:

I feel deep striking peace-meal will get you killed most of the time.

Even if you plan it well you probably will only get half your force on the enemy's side of the board considering the 50% chance turn 2 reserve entry and those 9 rail TL rail guns the Tau (just an example) broadside groups pack will insta pop your 1st turn dreads.

With all the 9/10 strength weapons out there killing regular termies like they are nothing I had to come up with some tweaking to overcome that stuff.

So I created an army that can control objectives yet land about 80-90% of your force (simultaneously) on turn 2.

Using this method overcomes the problem of dropped forces not getting on top of the enemy in large enough numbers fast enough.

Most armies can seriously hamper an assault shock force dropped all over them if it comes in piece-meal. The only way to keep the 90% reserve force usefull was to make sure most of it entered together. To accomplish this I made Tigurius the HQ, doubling the success rate of reserve entry. He has other bonuses such as being able to cast all possible psy attacks and can use 3 a turn. Unfortunatley it appears that he cannot use termie armor / storm shield like the regular librarians so he will initially deploy with the Sternguard.

Extra Info:
    A. Normally I would have put Lysander with 8 or 9 regular termies using storm bolters or a termie librarian with asslt termies but I cant afford Lysander since Tigurius was key to making the deep strike work.
    B. All units deep striking except for the two sniper scout groups (outflankers).
    C. The Sternguard will split into two squads upon deployment.
    D. The Asslt termies and the Sternguard will attempt to be within 24" of eachother at deployment so Tigurius can join the asslt termies as soon as possible (3+ inv saves) and warp them around to fights if needed. It also takes fire off the much easier to kill Sternguard that he dropped in with. If the Sternguard are not getting pounded too hard he should stay with them.
    E. TAC squad will be forced to drop turn 1 and will try to stay out of sight on my side of the board, emerging on turn 2 when main contingent lands. Primary job is objective holding and shooting as much of the enemy as possible before the run on objectives (if any) starts. Same applies to the scouts.
    F. Too many insta pop weapons out there to make your regular termies die too quick but asslt get the 3+ invul save making them an excellent fire soaker. Preserving the Sternguards and Tigurius is of the higest priority so moving him to the termies will pull fire off SG and prolong the life of your HQ vastly.
    G.Your Sternguards are going to be on the enemies sh** list right away so tie up his/her forces as fast as possible.
    H. Army based on SM Codex

HQ:
    Chief Librarian Tigurius 230 pts
    (Bolt Pistol; Frag Grenades; Hood of Hellfire; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Rod of Tigurius; Force Dome; Machine Curse; Might of the Ancients; Null Zone; Quickening; Smite; The Avenger; The Gate of Infinity; Vortex of Doom)

ELITE:
    Terminator Assault Squad 200 pts
    4 Terminator Assault Squad (Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x4
    1 Sergeant (Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x1)

Sternguard Veteran Squad 295 pts
    9 Sternguard Veteran Squad (Bolt Pistol x9; Bolter x3; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Special Issue Ammunition; Combi-Meltagun x2)
    1 Sergeant (Bolt Pistol; Bolter; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Special Issue Ammunition)
    1 Drop Pod (Storm Bolter)

TROOPS:
    Tactical Squad 205 pts
    9 Tactical Squad (Bolt Pistol x9; Bolter x7; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Flamer; Multi-Melta)
    1 Sergeant (Bolt Pistol; Bolter; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades)
    1 Drop Pod (Storm Bolter)

Scout Squad 75 pts
    4 Scout Squad (Bolt Pistol x4; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Scout Armour; Sniper Rifle x4)
    1 Sergeant (Bolt Pistol; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Scout Armour; Sniper Rifle)

Scout Squad 75 pts
    4 Scout Squad (Bolt Pistol x4; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Scout Armour; Sniper Rifle x4)
    1 Sergeant (Bolt Pistol; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Scout Armour; Sniper Rifle)

FAST ATTACK:
    Assault Squad 140 pts
    4 Assault Squad (Bolt Pistol x4; Chainsword x4; Frag Grenades; Jump Packs; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Flamer)
    1 Sergeant (Bolt Pistol; Frag Grenades; Jump Packs; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Melta Bombs; Power Fist)

Assault Squad 140 pts
    4 Assault Squad (Bolt Pistol x4; Chainsword x4; Frag Grenades; Jump Packs; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Flamer)
    1 Sergeant (Bolt Pistol; Frag Grenades; Jump Packs; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Melta Bombs; Power Fist)

Assault Squad 140 pts

Anyway this list is still evolving as time goes on so any input is always welcome.
    Last edited by Spanklet; 08-25-2009 at 05:44 PM.