BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default New Dark Eldar Kabal

So, after meeting and talking to Bigred at Adepticon last year, he convinced me that I should post on BOLS lounge some. Now that the wedding is over, and the second wedding in China is over, I'm able to get back to the real serious business of plastic mandollies!

Rewind back to when Third Edition 40k was released. Dark Eldar Warrior models were cool as hell looking, and easy to come by. Unfortunately for me, once I had obtained roughly 160 Warriors through various means, I realized that my poor wallet was about the suffer the need to buy roughly 10 Raiders and Ravagers, and expensive metal Wych models. I quickly scrapped the army and went back to Chaos.

Now, 12-14 years later I'm "all growed up" and can afford to build the army that I always wanted to!

My initial purchase included:
    Codex
    5 Raiders
    3 Wych boxes
    3 Warrior boxes
    3 Reaver boxes
    2 Incubi Boxes
    1 Archon

Tonight I'll be picking up:
    2 Ravagers
    2 Hellion boxes

I started by building Raiders, Wyches, and Warriors, which I'm not going to post pictures of because they'll look just like everyone else's warriors(especially considering that I mounted them all on Dragon Forge's Lost Empires bases just like every other Dark Eldar player likely will!). After giving the codex a read, I decided that I really liked Duke Sliscus. Not just from a gaming/gamer perspective though, I really liked his story. He's like Yriel, with class. He's got balls, and he knows how to use them!

I decided to screw around with some old Dark Elf corsair sprues that Dylan Gauker gave me after winning some painting competition somewhere:

(The wife misplaced the dongle that you use to attach the camera to our tripod, so I have some peripheral focus issues with my macro lens going on. I was too busy trying to hold the camera steady, but the pictures turned out good enough for now)

Sliscus (Or Trueborn Dracon when I don't want to run him)

Trueborn squad with slightly converted Shardcarbines and Splinter Cannons

Next post: Venom.

(4 image limit?!)

Brother-Sergeant

Once I decided that I liked Sliscus, I decided that any Trueborn and Bloodbrides included would be made to look a little more like corsairs. Thankfully, adding the Dark Elf corsair cloaks to existing Dark Eldar parts is very easy. I may still order a few and try it out with some Wych parts for Bloodbrides.

Anyhow, I had also used a few cloaks to convert up some of the Raider passenger models, but something kept screaming at me in the back of my mind:

Trueborn loaded to the gills with Splinter Cannons and Shardcarbines running around in a Venom with Splinter Cannons...

Pirates need a pimped ride, after all. So, I bite the bullet and buy myself a Vyper and use my last Raider to go to town:

I'm still not sold on the bar that I ran across the top of the pilots seat, but I keep feeling like the passengers need something else to grab onto. I think I may pull it and modify the third passenger to grab onto the hull instead.

I still need to file down the clear canopy piece(I wanted to keep the clear piece in, just not the whole thing) to round it off a little with a micro file, and then GS a little on it. I need to add splinter cannons, maybe some more blades, cut off 2 or so more spirit stones, and then apply some gap filler to the underside, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it. I've managed to hide the socket for the new ball/socket flight pegs pretty well.

Well, off to do some work for a few hours so that I can head out to pick up some Ravagers and Hellions!

First-Captain

that is an epic model. Sir +oo internets, (lame infinity symbol).
    For the Greater good.

Veteran-Sergeant

That venom is just AWSOME!

Make sure you submit that to the BOLS contest!

Occuli Imperator

Very cool venom! I agree with Aventine, make sure you get it in the contest...if you already haven't had that idea.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Brother-Sergeant

Yeah, I've been thinking about it. I just don't know if I'll be able to get it painted in time. My basement is under construction, which leaves my airbrushing station completely out of commission.

Hopefully I can snag some time on my dad's airbrush to get it submitted in time!

Thanks! I was able to get some hellions and 1 of 2 Ravagers built last night. I'm toying around with a Talos conversion using a Wraithlord, made more sinister and spindly looking via limb extension.

Also, I think I may be building another of these venoms, but with converted Incubi passengers... Just waiting for some parts to get here from ebay.

With your Trueborn looking just like mine and with that great shredder+rifle=shardcarbine I am definetly coming back to this tread.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Regnir View Post
    Yeah, I've been thinking about it. I just don't know if I'll be able to get it painted in time. My basement is under construction, which leaves my airbrushing station completely out of commission.

Hopefully I can snag some time on my dad's airbrush to get it submitted in time!

Thanks! I was able to get some hellions and 1 of 2 Ravagers built last night. I'm toying around with a Talos conversion using a Wraithlord, made more sinister and spindly looking via limb extension.

Also, I think I may be building another of these venoms, but with converted Incubi passengers... Just waiting for some parts to get here from ebay.
    No need to paint it for the contest! Just mooove mooooooove moooooooooooooooovee!!!
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Herald of Nurgle View Post
    No need to paint it for the contest! Just mooove mooooooove moooooooooooooooovee!!!
    Hmm, according to the original post it's fully converted and painted...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast