BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Chaplain

Question Chapter Names pre Primachs?

G'day All!
    Just finished "The First Heretic" & what a great read. More Fluff & info comes with each new HH novel.
    In the book we learn that the Word Bearers were known as "the Imperial Heralds" prior to being reunited with Lorgar.
    We know that the Sons of Horus were previously the Lunar Wolves but do we know of any other Chapters that had a Name Change after their Primarch was reunited with them.
    Regards Barry H. "the Emperor Protects!"

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by imperialsavant View Post
    G'day All!
    Just finished "The First Heretic" & what a great read. More Fluff & info comes with each new HH novel.
    In the book we learn that the Word Bearers were known as "the Imperial Heralds" prior to being reunited with Lorgar.
    We know that the Sons of Horus were previously the Lunar Wolves but do we know of any other Chapters that had a Name Change after their Primarch was reunited with them.
    I think most of them were just referred to as Legion I, II, II, ect. Obviously the Wordbearers/Imperial Heralds were an exception.

I've always wondered why the primarchs weren't more creative. I mean out of 18 named Legions you have two with Angels, Wolves, and Iron in their names. You'd think the Emperor would have told them "No, someone else is using that. Pick something different like Cats or Dogs or some other nonferous metal." But I digress....
    http://stores.ebay.com/Blood-and-Skulls-Industry

Veteran-Sergeant

All hail the creative spirit of Vulkan and his hoarde of green superhumans
    No this world is theirs!

The World Eaters were the "War Hounds" prior to meeting Angron, and the Death Guard were the "Dusk Raiders" prior to meeting Mortarion.

And technically, the Lunar Wolves didn't change their name when they were reunited with Horus, it was long afterwards in the aftermath of the Ullanor campaign (although I know I'm splitting hairs here..)

Occuli Imperator

I think that the Dark Angels were called "Dark Angels," before meeting Lion. IIRC

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I think that the Dark Angels were called "Dark Angels," before meeting Lion. IIRC

Duke
    Nah, they were just the 1st (I) Legion, Johnson rechristens it when the Order is incorperated into it after the Emperor comes to Caliban in "Descent of Angels".

Chaplain

Makes you wonder how Roboute Guilliman got the name for his Legion:

Guilliman: "I want that color of blue for my armor. What's it called?"
    Armorer: It is known as ultramarine, sire."
    Guilliman: "Ultramarine? Say, I like that...."
    http://stores.ebay.com/Blood-and-Skulls-Industry

First-Captain

nah guilliman got it from being a stuck up posh git, thinking his marines are superior to others. Its why he had the nerve to ask the imperial fists to split up, despite never being in the defense of terra lazy git.
    For the Greater good.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Vaddok Sek View Post
    Nah, they were just the 1st (I) Legion, Johnson rechristens it when the Order is incorperated into it after the Emperor comes to Caliban in "Descent of Angels".
    Probably right, I just remember reading somewhere when they said they were his first legion and were his dark angels in bringing the galaxy together again.

Perhaps they were just referencing the view they held themselves in, and not their official name,

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Chaplain

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cobra6 View Post
    The World Eaters were the "War Hounds" prior to meeting Angron, and the Death Guard were the "Dusk Raiders" prior to meeting Mortarion.

And technically, the Lunar Wolves didn't change their name when they were reunited with Horus, it was long afterwards in the aftermath of the Ullanor campaign (although I know I'm splitting hairs here..)
    Yes I now remember reading of the Death Guard being the Dusk Raiders but not of the War Hounds. Thanks for that!
    Do you remember the source for the World Eaters pre name?
    Regards Barry H. "the Emperor Protects!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast