BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default FW Deadnought CCW Arms

Quick question for anyone who's able to answer:

I've been considering a pair of Forge World Dreadnought close combat arms for a Death Company Dreadnought conversion I'm lining up for post-xmas for a while now. Now the new Ironclad Chainfist is up for pre order I'd rather go for a pair of those though, unfortunately there's only the left arm available.

The question is:

Do the currently available CCW arms from FW come in more than one piece? i.e is the 'shoulder' a separate piece to the 'arm'? That way I can get one standard CCW right arm and swap the arm part for the same part of the new chainfist one...

Wil make cool count-as Blood Talons me thinks

Thanks if anyone can enlighten me?
    www.rebelsgrotto.blogspot.com - Go visit, you know you want to!

Chapter-Master

Yes they do. For the most part you get the boxy shoulder section and the arm section at the flapping hinge point, if you understand what i'm trying to say. The new FW Ironclad arms appear to be the same (though No promises.

You may find that they do follow the same style of construction, but the bit that joins to the boxy shoulder is shaped to be on the left specifically. Still, resin is easy enough to cut, saw and file so you could get it to fit on the other arm, possibly with an extra panel from your bits box to make it look a bit neater.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/