BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bigwill View Post
    Is this a store only item or does can it be mail ordered?

I sincerely hope it isn't a GW store exclusive. There isn't one within 5 hours of me.

Chapter-Master

Wow, how thick is GW?

'never been done before'....

What a load of bull.

At least Nids get some love.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    Wow, how thick is GW?

'never been done before'....

What a load of bull.

At least Nids get some love.
    ...Well I think has been mentioned before but the 'never been done before' might relate to the fact that it is a mystery release/limited release or potentially to the fact that it might contain pre-painted mini's which is certainly new and never done before.

I will certainly be getting a copy and think its cool that GW are thinking outside the box and trying different things.

Jim

What bothers me about this is, how hard will it be able to get a copy?
    I don't have a retailer in the vicinity and will other shops get enough copies for me to get one, before they're all gone.

I think it's a strange move.
    If all things we heard about the game is true, that's a lot of work for a single run.

Pre-painted won't be a problem if

1) The quality matches AT 43 or early Heroclix

2) The detail won't be obscured by pining + repainting

IMHO any models should be unpainted. This ould make sense given that the modelling part of the hobby is at least as important as actual gaming. THis week I've spent 2-3 hours painting but not actually played (last game, end June)

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by 22metreline View Post
    Pre-painted won't be a problem if

1) The quality matches AT 43 or early Heroclix
    Now that's setting the bar low!

Brother-Sergeant

The single thing that bothers me about it is the fact that, as a deployed soldier, if it is "Instore Only" there there is ZERO way for me to get it past having my wife go brave the GW in Rice Village. And that is something that I would rather not have to put my wife through. >.>

As for the pre-painted thing, it is not that hard to repaint then. A friend of mine in Maine who was a HUGE comic fan repainted all of his Heroclick stuff (and as he was a GD level painter they looked GOOD). So it is possible to repaint without too much trouble.

Anyway, I will be happy when it is finally out in the open.

-Eric

Evil Midnight Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by atreides View Post
    Does anyone really need more Termies at this point? I con only speak for myself but I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 35 sitting unassembled or unpainted because I have 40 done already. Black Reach filled me up to the point that I consciously decided that I didn't need an entire Terminator Company. And now there are going to be more? Maybe I just have too much Marine stuff, but who here doesn't have more than 30 Terminators already? And who among us really needs more?

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad they're putting SH out again, but come on...
    Um...I can pretty much always find a use for more Terminators.
    Oh lord I've got 'em, I've got the...
    ...it's a blog. Read it!

Quote Originally Posted by 22metreline View Post
    There was a rumour this morning that the WFB Skull Pass & LOTR Moria starter sets would be sold through the UK catalogue store Argos. No mention of a 40k Black Reach set.

Possibly the 40k part of the range will be SH?
    I got the Argos catalogue shoved under my nose about half an hour ago at that page. i just assumed that GW were selling enough of black reach to not bother having to supply argos with it, where as with the other 2 they might not have been selling as many and so looked to put it out under another shop.

I seriously hope they arent pre-painted, as my Deathwing would love me forever if i bought them some more friends and some nids to smite

Only problem for me is not every store got thier mystery box. Some wonderful shipper in the warehouse broke down all the strongpoint boxs and shipped those instead. Word I got was some 60 stores in NA got boxes just like us. I hope GW fired that guy, thats alot of strongpoints they cant sell now.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast