BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Mystery Box = Space Hulk

Not a big surprize, but numerous Gamesday-Chicago attendees said they dropped hints only a dullard would miss.

Now we can all have even more plastic termys, genestealers, and supposidly a new broodlord as well!

What they do for the board tiles will be the real interesting thing to see.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Praise the Emperor! And just when I was thinking of downloading the old board sections and rules.

Battle-Brother

Hm. So much for the "never been done before" part of the rumor.

This would basically mean that we knew all about its release even before the "mystery box" format became public knowledge. It would also mean they aren't planning to keep it as a general release... would also tell me that the Blood Angel rumors aren't going to be a tie-in to Space Hulk, assuming BA will happen at all.

Most significantly, and perhaps most annoyingly, is the fact that at least 1/4 of the sets sold will simply be thrown into closets for a year or two, with the knowledge they'll be worth about $500 each on eBay. Rather than making large amounts of money for themselves, GW will instead create a situation where individuals will turn a small profit. Odd strategy, to say the least.

Brother-Sergeant

I have a strong suspicion that any 'limited realease' for Space Hulk would pertain only to stores. If it sells that well, I can't imagine them not having it available online. Not keeping it in the stores means they don't have to support it with shelf space, gaming, etc...

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by clkeagle View Post
    Hm. So much for the "never been done before" part of the rumor.
    One thing GW has never done before is Pre-painted miniatures. Now what better way for GW to break into the revived board game market than coming out with a really high quality product in the form of an all new version of one of their best known and best selling games from the past?

I have a very strong feeling that Space Hulk will not be a "hobby' game but a self contained boardgame containing Pre-painted high detailed plastics and distributing it into every store from your FLGS to Wal-Mart and Toy R Us?

That's my guess, for what it’s worth.

Having spoken with staff who have seen PowerPoint presentations on what's coming out, the only thing they saw about Space Hulk was a graphic of the old logo morphing into the new logo. That’s it. They were told nothing other than they were not to talk about it. The studio has been keeping a very, very tight lid on this and I believe it is because GW is about to enter the Pre-painted market and doesn't want to play their hand just yet.

Dosadi
    "They created a desolation and they called it peace!" -- Tacitus

Initiate

I heard rumors on another forum *coughwarpshadowcough* that it would something never before done because it woould be pre-painted Space Hulk models...
    Edit: He beat me too it... Shouldn't have bothered to check how to spell cough...

But I don't want pre painted models. I want terminators and genestealers I can add to my existing armies.

You have to remember that Hero Quest, Space Crusade and Space Hulk was what got everyone who are currently in their late 20s to early 30s into the hobby in the first place. And painting the models from the board game was the first fatal step on to the path of Games Workshop.

I wouldn't mind pre-painted; you can always add more paint to make them nicer.

Scout

I hope the corridors are nice and wide to take the bigger termie bases we all have now....

I don't know whether to be happy or sad about prepainted minis.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast