BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

I just hope it will be worth the anticipation and wait....

Scout

How does one order the Mystery Box again?

Will it be available online via GW once we actually know what it is?

Or is this 'in store' only?

Battle-Brother

since space hulk has alread been done i thought the new and imporved would be a board game of maybe kill teams or something, well you know, new.

i'd be way happy to see pre painted mini's since its a board game. if you want to add them to your army you can still prime over them and start over. the brood lord doesn't fit with the idea of a board game. his pose and the fact that he's metal just sucks. he might do that pose as he's shot pu by assault cannons but ya.

the fact that its going to be a true blue board game makes me excited. getting people to play with pre painted mini's, then AOBR where its still really easy, then finally fully custimizable and paintable armies. this is a great way to get people started into the hobby.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by wash-away View Post

the fact that its going to be a true blue board game makes me excited. getting people to play with pre painted mini's, then AOBR where its still really easy, then finally fully custimizable and paintable armies. this is a great way to get people started into the hobby.
    See, I agree that a board game would be a good way to get people into the hobby...but there are two things that seem to be contradictory to that. If they are pre-paints, how does that lure one into the hobby? Is a new customer going to be pissed when they open that box of genestealers and realizes they have to build AND paint them? Also...if the price point is where we're to expect it in the $60-80 range, how is that an entry level box? I can't see Mom Doe picking that up for little Timmy saying, oh, this $80 board game MIGHT be neat.

One step closer to clickable bases.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    One step closer to clickable bases.
    god help us if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    See, I agree that a board game would be a good way to get people into the hobby...but there are two things that seem to be contradictory to that. If they are pre-paints, how does that lure one into the hobby? Is a new customer going to be pissed when they open that box of genestealers and realizes they have to build AND paint them? Also...if the price point is where we're to expect it in the $60-80 range, how is that an entry level box? I can't see Mom Doe picking that up for little Timmy saying, oh, this $80 board game MIGHT be neat.
    i think that the game store would have a copy that you can play in the store. this way you can get new gamers in and see how things work and get people rolling dice. i think the transition of pre painted to painting them yourself is great. that way you have a cool army you can use before you paint your box's at home.

and i know its 100-120 but thats not much compared to buying an army.

Initiate

We did a modular space hulk board for games day LA in2008, but we included other races too.
    If they are doing Space Hulk they havnt advertise it enough. I guess it would be out for christmas.
    and withh current pricing-I imagine $95.00 at least, if not more.

I, for one... would love to see a new Broodlord, the current model is quite boring. I hope they do something new with the termies too...

Smile

There was a rumour this morning that the WFB Skull Pass & LOTR Moria starter sets would be sold through the UK catalogue store Argos. No mention of a 40k Black Reach set.

Possibly the 40k part of the range will be SH?

2+2=5

Scout

I can't believe that they're making Space Hulk a limited edition thing. That to me is just pure idiocy.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast