BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Scout

Any idea if this is going to be available at stores in New Zealand?

Scout

when will this limited run be let out to the stores pray tell. and why is it limited???

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by tiger505 View Post
    when will this limited run be let out to the stores pray tell. and why is it limited???
    Because GW is silly.

I see no reason why to limit this run; it would sell out fast but that's it. GW loses money, and if GW is truly the money tyrant, they are contradicting themselves.

I think (like it was mentioned before) a limited edition of Space Hulk, but at the same time that would make people unhappy.

And is it confirmed that it is Space Hulk related?

I have been looking forward to this since the rumor first started (still own the game and both expansions) will grab one straight away (if I can) but I won't go nuts on eBay for a copy...

I would be very surprised if GW did anything super cool without making it available in large enough quantities to fill the demand - so a good idea would be not to buy a copy just for later value...

/M

The Dark Mechanic

I'd like to think you're correct about GW not missing an opportunity to make a lot of money with sufficient production, but they've goofed before by way underestimating interest in an item in an effort not to get stuck with something that doesn't generate tons of interest. These things can be hard to judge and you can't really blame anyone, after all they're not psychic and sometimes they just guess incorrectly.

For example, the Urban Basing Kit released with Cities Of Death was near impossible to get. The current Bastion and Defence Line scenery for Planetstrike is completely sold out in the US and has been for more than a week and won't be back in stock for about another two weeks.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Veteran-Sergeant

mmmmm i dont know why the hype is so huge

and 5 copies per store doesnt make sense

Its all rather crap imo they should just direct order it and be done with it

This is what they wanted though isn't it? Everyone rushing around getting all overexcited. I think its going to be a huge anticlimax. And if it is only 5 per store then I know for a fact that those 5 were allocated months ago in Exeter, so I'm not even thinking about it.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    This is what they wanted though isn't it? Everyone rushing around getting all overexcited. I think its going to be a huge anticlimax. And if it is only 5 per store then I know for a fact that those 5 were allocated months ago in Exeter, so I'm not even thinking about it.
    Yup, i mean really whats the point? To dissapoint lots of customers and make them turn to ebay?

Its pretty stupid really

I wish they would just go direct and whoever wants it, its first come first serve

They haven't tapped the under 5 market yet, I think you've all overlooked one possability............ Lego Space Marines! LMAO
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    They haven't tapped the under 5 market yet, I think you've all overlooked one possability............ Lego Space Marines! LMAO

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast