BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Default Space Hulk and more Termies?

Does anyone really need more Termies at this point? I con only speak for myself but I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 35 sitting unassembled or unpainted because I have 40 done already. Black Reach filled me up to the point that I consciously decided that I didn't need an entire Terminator Company. And now there are going to be more? Maybe I just have too much Marine stuff, but who here doesn't have more than 30 Terminators already? And who among us really needs more?

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad they're putting SH out again, but come on...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseer View Post
    But I don't want pre painted models. I want terminators and genestealers I can add to my existing armies.

You have to remember that Hero Quest, Space Crusade and Space Hulk was what got everyone who are currently in their late 20s to early 30s into the hobby in the first place. And painting the models from the board game was the first fatal step on to the path of Games Workshop.
    True but todays youngsters have the patience of a toddler on coke and candy in a toy store after spending too much time on WOW / flashing lights.

If they want gaming there's heroclicks, (and a zillion similar products. No lucasfilm film is created without a extensive and expensive toy line first - you think i'm joking) magic / pokemon / all the rest.
    If childeren were still doing creative/artistic stuff airfix would be around.

Prepainted makes sense as the "not seen before" It's also market competitive.

I'd heard the broodlord is metal - that makes me highly, highly suspicious of this being true - like #Jimminy Cricket# would they put a single metal model in a sold in one board game. It's extra production costs and they really should be able to fit it in a plastic sprue (maybe with the CAT and Librarian? other new stuff?)

I am going to try and make my family play this with me when it comes out lol

Brother-Sergeant

i was told to prepair to snap one up quick (may be some wife agro) as it will be a limited supply. as for prepainted.... if it is i can use my own minis :P

Battle-Brother

for the price they are asking better NOT be pre-painted =/

Hi all, this is from games workshop store in England, the rights for all GW board games have been sold to fantasy flight games, so this 'mystery box' isn't space hulk. Though he did confirm that GW email will be sent out August 17th.

Brother-Sergeant

I for one will be buying ons ASAP. I also hope to get some friends to join in... fat chance.

If they pre-paint them I am instantly going to strip and prime(Or just reprime) them as soon as I open the box
    Something they have never done is sell someone elses(Fantasy Flights)game.
    They have only ever sold GW stuff.
    So it still could possibly be Space Hulk then.
    Last edited by Bigwill; 07-31-2009 at 12:33 PM.

Scout

Space Hulk doesn't exist you're all deluded

GAMES WORKSHOP SAY SO!!

PhilB

Quote Originally Posted by Silvergoose0 View Post
    Hi all, this is from games workshop store in England, the rights for all GW board games have been sold to fantasy flight games, so this 'mystery box' isn't space hulk. Though he did confirm that GW email will be sent out August 17th.

I don't think Space Hulk counts as a board game in terms of FFG license(or was exlcuded) as two GW notables told me directly at Games Day -that the Mystery Box was Space Hulk...of course they could all be BS'ing us...but I know one of these guys very well..so unless it a coordinated misinformation campaign by GW staff, Its Space Hulk.. I've heard the Pre Painted thing as well..but that was never confirmed

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast