BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Well props to you for sticking to your over-costed guns

The only real issue with the list I see is the lack of men. I don't think there's any good way around it, I think you'll just have to rely on your vehicles to be your workhorses.

Good Luck!

Brother-Sergeant

Yea but I have 3 things that no one else has!

1. Dark Angels :P

2. Jack Daniel Blessed Dice & Hipflask

3. Unnatural Good luck!

But thanks for wishing me good luck!

MasterGideon

A friend of mine actually plays Dark Angels. Granted he does the all terminator army but I've seen him do well with it.

So, it can be done in the right hands and if you've been rolling with Angels this long and have the luck you claim you do I'm sure you'll do just fine

It's just stupid how GW made the new marine books so much better than the old ones. It's like they forget that their models actually have a game that goes along with it sometimes

Brother-Sergeant

Amen Brother!

I just sure hope that when the new codex comes its as good as the Space Wolves/Blood Angel and the Codex Marine!

I wouldnt mind seeing a HQ choice that makes Devestators a troops choice and does funky things as well to them! ever army has been able to take either bikes/terms or assault as troops, why not devesrstators!

MasterGideon

Librarian

Considered taking Tycho for all round Ld 10, even if its for +30 on Belial?
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Chapter-Master

so now he gets one more land speeder.

meh.

Haha we've been over this, he truly is stubborn (which is perfect for a Dark Angel actually).

I'd be interested to see IF the DA get a new book. GW has only one real marine book on the horizon and that's Grey Knights. One of my little birdies once told me that GW's playtest/design team doesn't much care for DA especially since they don't offer much in the way of new models to produce.

Personally, I don't think most of the marine chapters deserve their own book. If you ask me, Codex: Space Marines should be one book MAYBE the non-codex chapters could have their own book (i.e. wolves, GK and templars are the only ones who really break the rules of the codex astares). I mean is Sammuel and Belial were special characters in Codex: Space Marines what would really be lost?

Sad but true.

Brother-Sergeant

Ah Im sure they a ton of stuff they can add for the Dark Angels and Black Templars for that matter.

of the top of my head Dark Angel updated models could be:

Lion Gaurd (Company/Chapter Honour Guard)
    Interrogator-Chaplain
    Ravenwing Jet Bikes
    Upgraded Veteran Sprues
    Mortis Dread model & Rules
    A New Land Raider Varied to support Deathwing (Mine would be the Areas but with updates to allow Hurrican Bolter Upgrades instead of Twin-linked Heavy Flamers)
    New Special Characters : Sapphon, Naaman, Asmodai. Maybe a "Iron Wing" Master to allow armoured tanks a much larger rule.
    Succesor Chapter Upgrades/Characters.

as for the Black Templar:

New Crusader Squad Models, more old Mk armour
    New Chaplain again (Think Trainie Chaplains)
    New Dreads (Im thinking like Warmachine load ours with hammers/swords and shields.

MasterGideon

Oh I'm not disagreeing that they have potential. Word is that GW doesn't see the potential (really sad).

Plus, as a Wolf player I just had to growl at ya a bit. It's just the rules.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by blackarmchair View Post
    Oh I'm not disagreeing that they have potential. Word is that GW doesn't see the potential (really sad).

Plus, as a Wolf player I just had to growl at ya a bit. It's just the rules.
    In the same way that, as a Nurgle player, I had to try and sneeze on you a few times?
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast