BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default plastic thunderhawk

Don't know if any one else has spotted it, but in the uk white dwarf this month on page 7 under forgeworld releases there is a picture of an ultramarine thunderhawk, now i have been comparing it to the forge world one for the last 5 mins and the gun barrels are different as is the crew compartment, just sayin i think its a plastic T bird. what do you guys reckon?

Chapter-Master

About the only substantiation we have on the plastic thawk is the fact that its been widely rumored that this coming summer will be the "summer of fliers" and that the previously thought flagship model of this release was to be the storm raven and its been pushed up to Feb by many accounts.

Still, creating a logistical link between two unconfirmed and unsubstantiated rumors is not reliable.

Well, there was that Dark Angels Thunderhawk up on the GW website a few weeks ago that looked like it was balanced differently than the forgeworld one. Considering we haven't had a plastic super heavy in a year or two, now seems like the time

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    About the only substantiation we have on the plastic thawk is the fact that its been widely rumored that this coming summer will be the "summer of fliers" and that the previously thought flagship model of this release was to be the storm raven and its been pushed up to Feb by many accounts.

Still, creating a logistical link between two unconfirmed and unsubstantiated rumors is not reliable.
    The only person who has said anything about a Flyer release is Stickmonkey, who's about as reliable as your average GW employee for rumors.

Chapter-Master

I like it how it says 'forgeworld' release. And then you say, plastic thunderhawk.

Well, technically, you are correct-- forgeworld has/is releasing a plastic thunderhawk made from the same resin that forgeworld makes for all of their models.

Librarian

I will eat my buboes if there is a plastic Thunderhawk next year.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Fly Lord

Eww... Herald, I was eating...

That said the rumors regarding a plastic T-Hawk (and these are ancient Apocalypse era rumors) are that:

-GW can do it, the technology is there.
    -Prototypes were done in the same era as the early work on the Valkyrie and other rumored Forgeworld pieces were moved over (such as the Thunderbolt).
    -Big issues were things such number of sprues, box size, demand, and pricing.
    -In general the Plastic t-hawk was shelved for future date when the market for large kits was more mature and primed for such a "top shelf" release.
    -Thus we have seen the bigger kits come out slowly but surely to test the waters with the Baneblade/variants and the Stompa.

Basically, GW has it, and its a business decision as to when it will reach the market. Its anyone's guess as to what its price in plastic would be.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSlowPoke View Post
    The only person who has said anything about a Flyer release is Stickmonkey, who's about as reliable as your average GW employee for rumors.
    No, he's significantly more reliable. The problem is, he doesn't usually see the end result. He sees the early concepts and ideas that GW starts with. Some of those ideas get dropped, some change, but they are what GW starts with. And remember, Stickmonkey sometimes sees stuff long before GW themselves have decided on which direction to take, so you can't blame Stickmonkey if stuff doesn't match up.

I'll also point out that Stickmonkey will occasionally hear stuff from a source he's not sure he can really rely on, so he reports it with some salt.

Your average GW employee, however, knows exactly as much as we do. Meaning nothing but what they hear from people like Stickmonkey.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Occuli Imperator

I thinkvmost people agree that a thunder hawk would sell like hot cakes... Though vie heard nothing official, I can say that the summer of fliers would be a perfect time to release the hawk.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

I know several people who claim they would buy one or three if they came out in plastic.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast