BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Battle-Brother

OK i just finished legion I HAVE SOME MAJOR MAJOR QUESTIONS I have spoilers ahead so i suggest you skip if you haven't read legion.

The cabal said that they had to avoid the second path IE the version of the universe it's currently set in the 40k game. So did the Alpha legion fail? I also cant believe that there still loyal.... Once again my mind is blown but this time x100

Chapter-Master

SPOILERS MAY FOLLOW--PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU'VE NOT READ LEGION

I know, awesome right?

I think this is one of the things that makes the Alpha Legion so intriguing to me, particularly in the 40k universe as we now see it. For me, I can certainly see a few takes on their present mindset:

1. We have to follow the course that we set out on the first place to save the universe. If this means fighting our brethren, so be it.

2. Holy crap, I think we made the wrong decision. This plan doesn't seem to be coming to fruition at all. Maybe we should take the pragmatic approach and try a different option.

I see both going with their ultra-pragmatic mindset, but I think #1 makes sense in that I believe Alpharius and Omegon are patient enough to let a plan develop over multiple millenia. With that being said, I just love the notion that in the future, Alpharius and Omegon have disagreed, one opting for choice 1 and one option for choice 2 and becoming loyal again.

Who knows.

Battle-Brother

I know it's crazy that book was amazing, after reading the 5 previous books it was also written very well so you could see drasticly the differences bewteen the Alpha legion and the other Space marine legions. Honestly I want to make my table top salamanders alpha legion now. I just wish i knew more!! and I'm also sorry if this is just a jabbering of words my mind is thinking all over the place right now after reading the book.

Chapter-Master

Sa'll good. Honestly, I think you'd enjoy Mechanicum too. I really enjoyed it because, like Legion, it gives a fresh take on everything going on with the Horus Heresy.

Battle-Brother

thats my next book, I picked it up with legion After this book I will read the salamanders novel that just came out.

Chapter-Master

I'm in the middle of it right now. Hoping to have a review up by the weekend.

Battle-Brother

Oo great cant wait to hear if it's good I really hope it is good, my Salamanders are my favorite chapter besides Alpha legion

Brother-Sergeant

The salamander's book is excellent!! To thin its just the beginning of a triology!! Can't wait for the other two. With the Alpha legion and the cabal's approach it also makes you wonder what are they up too? If they wanted to affect the outcome of this rebellion for their benefit? This revelation raises even more questions. Why did they not approach the emperor and reveal their revelations to him. The twins approach to the matter is pragmatic with the information provided to them. Is it as Grammaticus thought the "death sentence for the human race", or is this Chaos twisting the thoughts and actions of others for their benefit?

Salamanders is a great look into the chapter and how these unique marines function on downtime as well as in battle. The rivalry between the two seargents just raises the intenstity level in the book as they each come to terms with the death of their former commander. It gives you a real insight into chapter politics at both chapter and company command level. Also, how far pride and anger can mislead you.Enjoy the book.

Chaplain

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Sa'll good. Honestly, I think you'd enjoy Mechanicum too. I really enjoyed it because, like Legion, it gives a fresh take on everything going on with the Horus Heresy.
    Interesting too that Sigismund as First Captain of the Imperial fists makes a cameo appearance.
    Dan Abnett always writes things I enjoy.
    Regards Barry H. "the Emperor Protects!"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234