BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: The Skar Fleet

Chaplain

Default The Skar Fleet

For anyone who has read the nid dex, Im sure you've read the story about skarfang getting killed by a dozen lictors. This really annoyed me being that I had named my warboss skarfang and I discovered this was how he was to die. Then I wondered; what happened to the remainder of the Skar Fleets? Thats when I invented this little backround gem.

Growing up, Skarklaw had always looked up to the great pirate Skarfang. He was ruthless, efficient(by orky standards) and was never afraid to try new things: such as making a planetary shokk attack gun(the mek rolled double 1's so dont worry). Skarklaw idolised the great pirate so much that he even took his name. Unfortunatley Skarklaw never got the chance to meet his hero and settled into life as a blood axe. Over time Skarklaw became an efficient and ruthless Kommando Nob. No one, not even his warboss messed with him. One day while Skarklaw was sharpening his favourite killy blade, word got to him that Skarfang had been killed and that the Skar Fleet had degraded into a bloody brawl for power. Hearing his hero had been murdered caused Skarklaw to feel something, akin to grief, a very rare phenomenon for an ork. After about a microsecond of mourning Skarklaw gathered his possesions (including about 20 grots) and went off; there was fighting to be done!
    During the weeks that followed Skarklaw had found the remnants of the fleet, and mercilessley slaughtered a thousand orks whilst rising to the top. For the orks that survived (about 20 boyz) Skarklaw offered them a chance to help him resurect the Skar Fleet, and begin one of the biggest Waaaghs in history. The boyz were only too happy to oblige.
    As time went on the Skar Fleet did indeed grow. Skarklaw had ordered the capture of as many black squigs as they could find to harvest their leather(as a side effect they are now one of the most endangered species in the galaxy). Black garbs were worn by every new member of the fleet. In fact one of the rites an ork had to go through in order to join the fleet was to steal their ooniform from the most elite Nobz, followed by a well deserved beatin.
    The time was at hand. The once young and ambitious Skarklaw had ressurected his hero's legacy and was about to launch a campaign of mayhem across the galaxy. This was going to be fun...

Hope you all enjoyed the origin story of Skarklaw and the Skar Fleet.
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

I like it, its a good read as well as taking something and looting it for your own good. =P