BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1k Chaos

Battle-Brother

Default 1k Chaos

Sooooo.... Going to bring this to a tourney i think.. Any Suggestions?

Chaos Sorcerer - 155
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Lash of Submission
    Bike

Khorne Zerkers x8 - 243
    Skull Champion Upgrade
    Power Fist
    Rhino

Plague Marine x7 - 226
    Plasma Gun x2
    Rhino

Obliterator x2 - 150
    Obliterator x2 - 150
    Obliterator x1 - 75

TOTAL - 999

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Requiemnex View Post

TOTAL - 999
    List is pretty solid - nothing about it says new or unique, but it has what you'd expect to see in a tournament list - Oblits and a Lash Sorc.

However, Tzeentch is greatly pleased with your points total. I forsee complete and total victory for you. Or perhaps Spawndom. I'm not sure.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

And once you get past that, he has 8 Khorne followers, 7 Nurgle followers, and 6 other followers - one of which is his Slaanesh sorceror. :-)

Battle-Brother

Yeah, the problem is that it is hard to make competitive lists with chaos really.. I dont feel like jumping on the space wolf, IG, blood angel band wagon...

Oh hell no!

CSM are underrated right now not weak. They are still one of the nastiest marine armies out there. While they're not set up for the min-maxy style of play that wolves and angels do CSM do good old-fashioned face pounding great.

There are a variety of really competitive CSM builds out there. I'm actually predicting big wins for them as time goes on. Chaos is just so ideally situated and specialized to overwhelm in key areas that I'm unsure as to most armies ability to deal with it.

A CSM player recently won a tourney at my local game store. He ran 2x Lash Princes, and 8 man Tzeentch termie squad, 3x Rhino Berzerker Squads, 2x Squads of 3 Oblits and a defiler in 2000pts.

The list synergizes really well and plays into some interesting weaknesses other competitive armies have.

Librarian

Oh man I love my Tzeentch Termies. I have a friend who plays Blood Angels with Meph and he HATES my Tzeentch Termies...must have something to do with all those Combi-plasmas I deep-strike right next to him with.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Is the bike sorcerer attached to an obliterator squad, or just cruising solo? In one case he's a lash-bot with no other role, in the other he's a krak-magnet.

Other than the sorcerer seeming really out of place on the bike (and somewhat wasted as a result) the list looks extremely effective. 5 obliterators, especially with a lash-bot to clump people for plasma cannons, is pretty scary at 1000 points.

Librarian

What, no Greater Daemon? No Princes? No Spawn? No Cthulhu?
    GET OUT OF MY SIGHT.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Herald of Nurgle View Post
    What, no Greater Daemon? No Princes? No Spawn? No Cthulhu?
    GET OUT OF MY SIGHT.

nope... no spawn... cause he's reasonable.
    Spelling errors are free of charge...

Librarian

While the lack of a Greater Daemon does sadden me greatly, it would be one of the things I'd remove to meet a 1,000 point limit.

Also, I agree about the Bike Sorc - I'd go for a Lash Prince instead. At least it can stand up to a bit of firepower.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast