BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I'm definitely doing pre-heresy Ahriman as the scarab occult leader using the chaos terminator lord kit (love that cloak). I will probably do a magnus but he may be as a display only model depending on the options in the grey knight codex when it comes out. (If there's a rock-hard mephiston style character, I might use him as magnus).

The others I'm less sure about as it depends on what I want/can have in the army. The Pavoni captain (Hathor Maat I think, I don't have the book with me?) would make a good apothecary if that's an option etc. I'd like to do a terminator command squad with all the named characters from the different cults.

Any storm troopers will either be modelled as prospero spireguard or as pyrae automatae.

I'm going to model a few marines as having trophies from dead Space Wolves to reflect the battle for prospero.

Chapter-Master

Based on the character of thE chapter as in the book, do you think they'd collect trophies? I'm not sure they would. They seem more cultured than that and would probably leave savage rituals like skull taking to the space wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Based on the character of thE chapter as in the book, do you think they'd collect trophies? I'm not sure they would. They seem more cultured than that and would probably leave savage rituals like skull taking to the space wolves.
    I don't know, I think they might be pretty pissed given what happens at the end of the book but I take your point, I might stick to just modelling them onto the base or having them claimed by the tutelaries.

Post prospero sons (thus justifying space wolf trophies) would lack spire guard and automaton after there transition to the eye. It was only marines that made the jump.

Shas'o

Thousand sons might not take trophies, but you could make some sweet objective markers like a space wolf being burned by magic fire.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JxKxR View Post
    Thousand sons might not take trophies, but you could make some sweet objective markers like a space wolf being burned by magic fire.
    I like that idea, I'd like to represent the fall of Prospero somehow.

I'm stil tweaking the colours for my test mini (should be finished tomorrow) but in the meantime here is my first scarab occult terminator

Shas'o

That staff rules! You could probable make some sort of whirling effect with some fire around the base for some more variety. For the more abstract tutelary’s maybe some big scarabs, a phoenix, or for the whole Egyptian stile like a stork or jackal.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by JxKxR View Post
    That staff rules!
    this this this. do freaking want. is it a custom bit, or does it come from a box somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by justsam View Post
    this this this. do freaking want. is it a custom bit, or does it come from a box somewhere?
    Part of the fantasy battle wizard box like the flaming sword on the first page. You might be able to find it on bitz sites.

Brother-Sergeant

awesome. i may borrow the idea for a tzeentchy sorceror or herald.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast