BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Chaplain

those are just amazing!!! when i was looking through this i almost started crying i suck i painting and that type of conversion.
    Read this www.scribd.com/doc/123508033/Warhammer-40-000-6th-Edition-Codex-Adeptus-Aribites Then fill this out www.surveymonkey.com/s/LCFWXNV thanks

Those are so freaking awesome I don't know if I can ever pick up a brush again.
    If this is the way mankind ends up, I'm rooting for the Orks.

Whipped this up quick for an event next week. Not quite fluff consistent but the vindicare rules are lots of fun

In case anyone is interested, this is how i do an army list for one of my 'counts as' armies:

Librarian

I have been looking to put together a pre-heresy thousand sons army myself, however I am going with something less dramatic than the tutelaries. I will be using a more styalized Egyptian helmet symbol and weapons theme . Kromlech miniatures, Scribor miniatures and Puppet Wars Miniatures all make various bits based on Egyptian (stygian) themes. There are helmets, one and two handed weapons , shoulder pads, shields, torsos (though not very good ones), and iconography plinths, etc.

There is also a French based ebay store that sells thousand son type helmets, torso, shoulder pads, generally put together, and these include terminator models as well.

Hiis models are veeeery expensive, and are usually bid only, not buy now, and they have a very high starting bid price. They do look very nice though. I can not find the company where some of his miniatures come from. Some of his stock however are from Kromlech and Puppet Wars, and he sells these for waay more than you have to pay for from the manufacturer.

I will be trying to get the cheaper priced models and slowly build up my next Battle Company. I will probably base the format FOC for the company on the Warhammer 30,000 Heresy Era Rule Set originally released by BOLS and later moved to the Fly Lords of Terra.

This way I can develop a range of transports, tanks, etc that will be very egyptian looking. Hopefully I will eventually get this collection completed before I kick the bucket LOL I am only 45 so I have a long way ahead of me. I have 7 Battle Companies in the process of being collected, built, and painted, With my Emperor's Children, and my Night Lords being the 2 closest to being completed, so this will make number 8 Battle Company.

Does anyone have else know of companies that make parts and conversion bits compatible with an Egyptian based Thousand Sons army?
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

As I have them unpacked, I thought I'd rephoto and collate the army:

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    After a long absence, a couple of new modekls for my thousand sons:

Captain

Storm raven (Pride of Magnus)

Hey,I know it's a little late,but I just got into the hobby and I really love your work! Can I ask where did you get the wings for the tute of the captain?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789