BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Dear Aldramelech

As a fully rounded human being with a degree from the University of life, a diploma from the School of hard knocks and a City and Guilds from the Kindergarten of having the sh*t kicked out me I have graciously decided to dispense some wisdom among you.

As a successful Arms dealer, award winning Chef and international Cabaret Chanteuse I am totally qualified to be the biggest thing in teen/middle aged angst since Siggy Kraut.

Tell me your problems...................
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 12-04-2010 at 03:57 PM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Chapter-Master

I once shot a man to watch him die...

Would this potentially cause problems for my application for the peace corp?
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Dear Aldramelech

There's someone on the BoLS forums who I respect the opinion (and humor) of, however a member of my local gaming group has some "issue" with him concerning something that I just want to say "who the frak cares-grow up!" about. I want to stay friends with all concerned. How can I?
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    I once shot a man to watch him die...

Would this potentially cause problems for my application for the peace corp?
    Ahh that old chestnut.

As long as you point out that he was a crew member from a Japanese Whaling ship everything should be fine. Do not under any circumstances tell them that the Blood God demanded his sacrifice or that it was an African American midget homosexualist, that would be frowned upon.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by gwensdad View Post
    Dear Aldramelech

There's someone on the BoLS forums who I respect the opinion (and humor) of, however a member of my local gaming group has some "issue" with him concerning something that I just want to say "who the frak cares-grow up!" about. I want to stay friends with all concerned. How can I?
    Well thats thats an age old puzzler and no mistake.

Your friend at the gaming group is obviously quite insecure and as good Friend you should go out of the way to make sure that he is in no doubt that you are his true friend. At the next meeting you should go up to him and kiss him quite hard (No tongues) and tell him that you love him, this should provide all the reassurance he needs.

This of course is a risky strategy, if it turns out that he is in fact a closet homosexualist and has been secretly in love with you for years, this might be misinterpreted.

Your only other option is to choose which you like best and kill the other, harsh, but fair.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    Well thats thats an age old puzzler and no mistake.

Your friend at the gaming group is obviously quite insecure and as good Friend you should go out of the way to make sure that he is in no doubt that you are his true friend. At the next meeting you should go up to him and kiss him quite hard (No tongues) and tell him that you love him, this should provide all the reassurance he needs.

This of course is a risky strategy, if it turns out that he is in fact a closet homosexualist and has been secretly in love with you for years, this might be misinterpreted.

Your only other option is to choose which you like best and kill the other, harsh, but fair.
    May I respectfully tender a guest opinion? Try the 'Thunderdome' solution. Quite simple, 2 men in, 1 man out.

That is all.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

First-Captain

Dear Alramelech,

The forum has been missing it's Burp.

Please don't tell me you've sold out doing Q&A instead?

Quote Originally Posted by scadugenga View Post
    Dear Alramelech,

The forum has been missing it's Burp.

Please don't tell me you've sold out doing Q&A instead?
    I too require some amusement between waiting for paint to dry and not having to watch the X factor.

This allows me to help this group of socially inadequate sociopaths without my computer exploding

As an aside your obsession with my burp is not exactly healthy, I suggest you find a hobby to occupy some of your free time

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    I too require some amusement between waiting for paint to dry and not having to watch the X factor.

This allows me to help this group of socially inadequate sociopaths without my computer exploding

As an aside your obsession with my burp is not exactly healthy, I suggest you find a hobby to occupy some of your free time
    Well played.

I do have a hobby. It's called an infant son. It's such an engaging hobby it completely sucks away time from sleep. I'm sure you have similar hobbies.

What I need is an occasional break from said hobby, to keep sanity and soul intact. :P

So here's a real question--how do you phrase the request to play a game of 40k, while having an infant son, when said request might prompt said son's mother into fits of near-homicidal mania?

Quote Originally Posted by scadugenga View Post
    Well played.

I do have a hobby. It's called an infant son. It's such an engaging hobby it completely sucks away time from sleep. I'm sure you have similar hobbies.

What I need is an occasional break from said hobby, to keep sanity and soul intact. :P

So here's a real question--how do you phrase the request to play a game of 40k, while having an infant son, when said request might prompt said son's mother into fits of near-homicidal mania?

Oh thats easy.

You walk into the room and announce in a loud voice "I'm going Wargaming!"

Now there will be a slight pause whilst she visibly inflates her lungs, you need to move fast here.

You then put your finger up to your lips and say "Shhh Adult talking"

Trust me, she'll be speechless

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast