BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    Oh thats easy.

You walk into the room and announce in a loud voice "I'm going Wargaming!"

Now there will be a slight pause whilst she visibly inflates her lungs, you need to move fast here.

You then put your finger up to your lips and say "Shhh Adult talking"

Trust me, she'll be speechless
    Are you trying to get me killed?

I live in the States, Aldy. We own guns.

And she's a better shot than I am...

Librarian

Dear Aldramelech,

As an ancient sun god who demands child sacrifice, do you have any pointers on starting a really kickass sacrificial pyre?

Dear Aldramelech,
    All the other Banshees at the Shrine of the Grumpy Wench hate me because I'm prettier than them, what should I do?

Oh god its 1am.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew da Destroya View Post
    Dear Aldramelech,

As an ancient sun god who demands child sacrifice, do you have any pointers on starting a really kickass sacrificial pyre?
    Baby seals are the way forward here my friend. Nothing burns better then baby seal blubber.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Dear Aldramelech,
    All the other Banshees at the Shrine of the Grumpy Wench hate me because I'm prettier than them, what should I do?

Oh god its 1am.
    You should hit on all of them (not at the same time, that would be stupid). This will make them all feel uniquely special, every girl loves to have a Lesbianist for a best friend.

(PS Can we watch? No? Sorry no problem, only asking)
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by scadugenga View Post
    Are you trying to get me killed?

I live in the States, Aldy. We own guns.

And she's a better shot than I am...
    Dont knock it till you've tried it. Maybe remove all scopes from high powered hunting rifles first.

Grand Provost Marshal

Dear Aldramelech,

Recently, I was attempting PFGE analysis to serotype bacteria in a series of samples (~40). However, most of our isolates yielded uninterpretable results due to highly degraded bands.

My question: Since I am sure that my own methodology is technically sound, how can I convince my boss that this an issue of poor sample collection and culturing by the lab techs, not a case of methylated DNA preventing the restriction enzymes from effectively cutting?

Quote Originally Posted by Faultie View Post
    Dear Aldramelech,

Recently, I was attempting PFGE analysis to serotype bacteria in a series of samples (~40). However, most of our isolates yielded uninterpretable results due to highly degraded bands.

My question: Since I am sure that my own methodology is technically sound, how can I convince my boss that this an issue of poor sample collection and culturing by the lab techs, not a case of methylated DNA preventing the restriction enzymes from effectively cutting?

I'm not one to answer a question with a question normally, but there' always a time to cut cards with the Devil so here goes:

Which one of the Lab techs has spurned your advances Faultie? How did it start, a stolen glance across the microscope? Did your hands brush as she passed you a slide? Is it the way she pins up her hair with a pen?

What imagined slight has driven you to think that your life would be better if you could just get her sacked?

Stride across the lab tomorrow, take her in your arms and shout "I love you ******* it!"

Everything will be fine.

Grand Provost Marshal

I'm not one to answer a question with a question normally, but there' always a time to cut cards with the Devil so here goes:

Which one of the Lab techs has spurned your advances Faultie? How did it start, a stolen glance across the microscope? Did your hands brush as she passed you a slide? Is it the way she pins up her hair with a pen?

What imagined slight has driven you to think that your life would be better if you could just get her sacked?

Stride across the lab tomorrow, take her in your arms and shout "I love you ******* it!"

Everything will be fine.
    How did you know about my feelings for Rachel?!

Thanks for the courage!

Hm, good idea. Sound theory

P.S. How much wine are you willing to provide, and how much shall I be paid?

You should hit on all of them (not at the same time, that would be stupid). This will make them all feel uniquely special, every girl loves to have a Lesbianist for a best friend.

(PS Can we watch? No? Sorry no problem, only asking)
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast