BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default Immortals Infinite Projects: Blood Angels 3rd CO

Greeting BolS readers!
    I am finally getting around to posting pics from my newest project, my Blood Angels 3rd Company. I first developed the idea for this army when the codex was released... I had been looking for a new army to work on as I was getting tired of my usual purple marines (The Immortals). I was, at the time, in Iraq with the army... not the best place to start an army.My good friend, Duke, was able to start this army before me... of which he unknowingly stole many of my ideas. Luckly I had finished my time in the field as a Platoon Leader and took a job as a staff officer working a desk job. That allowed me to buy a few mini's and have them sent to me while I was overseas. Well, I didn't get much painted, but was able to finish a test Assault SGT... hope everyone enjoys. I think he'll be my lucky SGT, as he was in a real combat zone... how many mini's can claim that one, eh?
    I'm also attaching a few of my Immortal's Space Marines. More Blood Angels to follow... so far I have the majority of the army assembled and will begin painting shortly (I'm no longer overseas, which makes it much easier).
    ~Immortal
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BA SGT 1-1.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	877   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BA SGT 1-2.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	878   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BA SGT 1-3.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	879   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Immortal SGT.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	880   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Libby.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	881  

Battle-Brother

Here are a few projects that I'm currently working on.
    This first is a BA SGT with a pair of lightning claws that was inspired by the art in the codex, the second is my Dante conversion... minus the 2nd pair of wings, it looks alot like Dukes Dante.
    Enjoy.
    ~Immortal
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BA SGT 2-1.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	882   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dante1.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	883  

Chaplain

Welcome back and i think your off to a good start on the 3rd Co.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    Greeting BolS readers!
    ...My good friend, Duke, was able to start this army before me... of which he unknowingly stole many of my ideas....
    ~Immortal
    LoL, Probably true! I like the celtic looking lines on the black shoulder pad... You should do that on all of them now. The problem with going fancy once is you have to go fancy all the time (look at what happened with me and freehanding my tanks)

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Battle-Brother

True enough Duke... but luckly those lines are actually quite simple, so I will continue putting them and other little bits of bling on my Angels... maybe not to the extent that you did on yours, but I can't let you completely one-up me.
    Painting the Sanguinor now... going with ivory armor (not a fan of the gold). Pics to be posted soon.
    ~Immortal

Chaplain

Hell yeah for models made in IRAQ!

"I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Battle-Brother

By the pictures posted here I assume you also built this mini in Iraq? Kudos on it being a titan! I thought I was cool because I built a few assault marines, haha. (and yes, I noticed the collection of coins in the background). Well done friend!
    ~Immortal

Chaplain

Yep this baby was born in FOB Kalzu. I was a Recovery NCOIC with 2-28 IN. So being a mechanic I had plenty of tools to help me put this together. I built it using a few Magnets and some well placed pins that allow me to take it apart for traveling. It took some damage on the way home but easy enough to repair. By the way welcome back.
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Occuli Imperator

Updates! I want to see more stuff... I vote you paint the guy from the art.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com