BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    First-Captain

Wow..what kind of weather did you get over there? New York got dumped on with snow, and my order from Neil @ the warstore took a meager 3 days to get shipped out to Chicago.

Lots of snow basically. Its a bit annoying, the weather, I mean, not SG not shipping the order, because it was going to be my Christmas present to myself.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Fly Lord

Painted minis folks?

I'm desperate for some Dystopian hobby goodness.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Painted minis folks?

I'm desperate for some Dystopian hobby goodness.
    Working on it. Right now I only have the FSA carrier (the rest of the fleet is an xmas gift.) Unfortunately, my longbow is still clogging up the workstation.

I thought painting minis was laborious. Sheesh, making sure you get the stain right and even with the grain along 72" of longbow is a right pain! And then trying not to sand so much that you screw up the tillering and/or adjust the poundage of the bow.

I'll post something as soon as I can, though.

Chaplain

great review. really stoked about this game...How does it compare to Uncharted Seas?
    Officially abandoned a total RG army in light of a single custom marine army i can use for all codecies...what does that make me?

Battle-Brother

i think US has a better rule set
    probably because it is simpler in scope

Chaplain

Cool. Good to know. So if I were jumping in US might be better than DW or FA as starting point?
    Officially abandoned a total RG army in light of a single custom marine army i can use for all codecies...what does that make me?

First-Captain

I think that depends on how experienced you are as a wargamer--if you've a fair amount of experience in more than one wargame, you would probably find DW or FS:A fine.

Battle-Brother

Start with US if you are interested in fantasy naval combat.
    Spartan took the US "engine" and added air/fighter/bomber/anti air rules. A level of complexity of rules leading to some murkiness.
    But if dystopian wars grab your attention start with it. The murkiness will be resolved soon enough in a FAQ

Chaplain

Yeah DW really piqued my interest. And I've been playing various war-games for years.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast