BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Especially since Steampunk was a joke name to begin with. I kind of get the dieselpunk bit, being deisel powered engined and whatnot, but even then I'm not sure its strictly necessary.
    Personally, I'm a [URL="http://www.thechap.net/"]Chapette[/URL] that dabbles.

Back on topic, I really love the Brittannia land ships:
    Last edited by eldargal; 12-15-2010 at 08:57 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

The land ships are what made a buddy of mine decide to play Brittania...

Though I suspect he has an overwhelming urge to look at me after a hard fought game and say:

"Rule Brittania, my dear scadugenga....Rule Britannia."

I didn't realize there were land forces in this game. Thought it was all naval/naval air.

Could I get away with using epic 6mm for ground troops?
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I have high hopes for the land forces, I've not seen pictures yet. I dress steampunk sometimes myself (or dieselpunk pinup), so I was very excited about DW and I'm not going to give up on it in a hurry.
    I've seen a few, and let me tell you: the Brits get Land Raiders.
    The Krandor 116th Airborne: Flying Arctic Rednecks..IN SPACE!!!
    http://paradoxgaming.intodit.com- Proud seller of time-space disruptions since 2010

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Porty1119 View Post
    I've seen a few, and let me tell you: the Brits get Land Raiders.
    There are plans to have walkers as well, from what I've read.

The rulebook shipped today, so I'll know more when it finally arrives.

My FSA Carrier was dropped off today. Holy hell, it's huge. I'm definitely impressed.

And yes, the smaller tanks are distinctly land-raiderish looking. Or, more appropriately, WW1 era looking.

That reminds me, what exactly is the scale of these things? Precisely how long are the big ships, I keep thinking of everything in an Epic scale with the ships at around an inch-inch and a half long or something similar. If they are larger than that I probably like them more.

My brothers and I are thinking about having some Dysoptian Wars nights in Steampunk outfits at our games club, should be fun so long as we like the rules. We will check them out first...
    Last edited by eldargal; 12-16-2010 at 05:28 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    That reminds me, what exactly is the scale of these things? Precisely how long are the big ships, I keep thinking of everything in an Epic scale with the ships at around an inch-inch and a half long or something similar. If they are larger than that I probably like them more.

My brothers and I are thinking about having some Dysoptian Wars nights in Steampunk outfits at our games club, should be fun so long as we like the rules. We will check them out first...
    The FSA carrier is 5.75" long, 2.5" wide and 1.5" tall. And the FSA fleet, much like the Prussians, seem to sit pretty low to the waterline, unlike the Blazing Sun & Brittanian ships--so they might actually be taller. The carriers do seem to be the largest of the ships currently available for sale.

Nice idea on the steampunk outfits for a DW game night.

Nearly six inches long, oh my goodness, I'm off to buy the rulebook and a Britannia boxed set.

Have a rulebook and a few British ships on the way, decided to be sensible and wait to read the rules before buying too much.

This is really pretty:

Fly Lord

I agree, that the scale of the minis blew me away. The big carriers are about 6" long, and in general everything is larger than you expect it to be, and are leagues above Uncharted Seas and Battlefleet Armada designwise.

I have a feeling when the really top notch painters get their hands on these models, we are going to see some real epic work at this scale.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast