BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default vulkans' power active after death?

does vulcan hstan's ability to twinlink flamers and meltas continue after he is killed?if not do you just revert to the normal abilities in the codex?
    Last edited by MrBo; 08-26-2009 at 10:56 AM. Reason: misspelling

The codex does not specify while Vulkan is alive, so the ability continues after death.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwolf View Post
    The codex does not specify while Vulkan is alive, so the ability continues after death.
    awesome thanks

Veteran-Sergeant

yes, we're looking at it from the viewpoint of the lore: the Salamanders that roll with Vulkan have really nice guns and hammers. whether or not he dies or is mortally wounded has no relevance on his army's weaponry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwolf View Post
    100% agree.

-- mkerr
    Check out my new Blog! --- http://www.ChainFist.com
    Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/40kNEWS

Chaplain

So.....all the marine special abilities continue after the death of the Special character? Like an army led by Shrike is still fleet after his death? Seems kinda weird to me. But I can see your point.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by fade_74 View Post
    So.....all the marine special abilities continue after the death of the Special character? Like an army led by Shrike is still fleet after his death? Seems kinda weird to me. But I can see your point.
    It's basically the replacement for the chapter traits system from the last edition - taking the signature character (whether as-written or a counts-as variant for your own chapter) from one of the very-nearly-but-not-quite-codex chapters lets you build an army list that's still distinctly Space Marine, but also clearly not just another variant on the boys in blue.

Battle-Brother

They are like the Emporers Champion and his vows which continue to work even if the Champion is death.
    After all its not specified in the sm dex the most say they special caracters work the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by fade_74 View Post
    Some special characters say that their abilities don't work when they die. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Marnius Calgar.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by NecronAbyss View Post
    Some special characters say that their abilities don't work when they die. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Marnius Calgar.
    True, but Marneus Calgar's 'God of War' ability is not quite the same as many of the other SM IC's "Chapter tactics".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast