BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Painting Wyches - HELP!!

Originally from: [url]http://squaretablegaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=23[/url]

Basically I started off with Lich Purple and with some washes and what not added progressively more Blood red until i got a bit brighter on the edges of the armor. Skin turned out perfectly and I wont be changing that. I also love how the glowing purple chemicals turned out on the models. I decided to go with a Wraithbone knife and a bone shoulder pad as the original puprle one seemed to bland. I think where I am drawing the blank is on the Wych Suit. Originally I wanted to keep with the dark leather feel that the GW wyches have. I decided to tie it in witht he rest of the model by going black with a slight mix of scab red and wash it with baal. Again this turned out exactly how i thought it would just on a whole the models seem a little dark and boring.

anyway without further adieu I will let you make the judgement for yourself. As always comments and criticisms are appreciated

Last edited by Liazardman; 12-09-2010 at 09:18 AM.

UPDATE: I recently tried making the Wych Suti a little more red and the armour a little bit brighter. While the model looks a little bit better overall it is still lacking.

Chapter-Master

Very nice....they need eyes though to give the face a bit more definition

Not sure on any finishing touches...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Sergeant

The turqoise hair would look good with a wash over it to settle into the recesses and give it the illusion of volume. Try going with a dark blue. If it's too dark over top re-highlight with the turquoise. Otherwise the models are very nicely done!

Veteran-Sergeant

This is not the emergency I thought it was. xD

You're doing really well, man! ^-^