BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Eldar Admiral Needs Help

OK, so I'm an Eldar junkie...sue me!

I'm looking at the Eldar fleet and noticed its broken up into the "Corsair fleets" which came out with the core game, and the later more organic "Craftworld fleets" with the big sails.

I would prefer to not mix these visual styles if possible so is one the sets just plain superior to the other?

Visually I love the Craftworld Dragonships/Shadowhunters more, but it seems like a pretty thin roster to fill out a fleet with, compared to the ton of ships the other style gets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m1182574_99060804008_BFGWraithshipMain_445x319.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	10   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m1184117_99110804007_BFGVoidStalkerMain_445x319.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	11  
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

It's pretty clear that the corsairs have the fire power advantage over the craftworld ships. I also like the loks of the craftworld ships better.

We should play and figure it out.

Evil Midnight Bomber

I have....well, several cruises, both Imperial and Chaos, and one HUGE Imperial battleship (Emperor-class, I think). Oh, and some assault boats.

Will this get me in the door? I want to play this game, badly. Capital ship combat has always intrigued me, probably since Return of the Jedi (yeah, I know).

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherJoe View Post
    I have....well, several cruises, both Imperial and Chaos, and one HUGE Imperial battleship (Emperor-class, I think). Oh, and some assault boats.

Will this get me in the door? I want to play this game, badly. Capital ship combat has always intrigued me, probably since Return of the Jedi (yeah, I know).
    We had this going at DLair every Thursday at 1900 until people's work schedules started getting in the way of each other. I'm still available during then for some (Chaos and SM fleets). We were averaging 2000-point fleets, but I think I could field about 3K for both if I trick them out a little.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherJoe View Post

Yes, this is exactly what I have and you can play plenty a games with that. Word of Advice, dont play Brandon for your first game because he cheats. Takes the biggest Chaos battleship and three carnages that will just tear you up while he giggles because, you know, he has to be "that guy"

I'll play you some time, I have all that you have plus a ton of orks that I need to get together...

I could also play you sometime. I have a 1500 point Adeptus Mechanicus battlefleet.

Scout

Back to the OP... The Corsair list in the Big Blue Book is a little more powerful, and with a lot more different class choices, especially when the (Forge World only ) light cruisers from Armada are factored in.

Of course, with the Craftworld lists, you do have that ability to tweak your cruiser loadouts from game to game without needing new models, so you would be able to playtest a bunch of different configurations to find the ones that worked best for your style. The Craftworld ships are also a little more durable, with 5+ armour instead of the Corsair fleet's 4+.

Personally tough, I'll stick with my Corsairs. Aconites for the win.

Default Power isn't everything

Sometimes it's not about having the firepower in the fleet, after all it has got to be something you want to pick up and play, so I say go for the fleet that you find more appealing and then build your list around that.

The Corsair list has an edge in its fast and cheap destroyers (Nightshades & Hemlocks). A really strong fleet.

The Craftworld has the bonus of better armour which is especially handy on the effective Wraithship.

Both fleets have a centerpiece: Void Stalker for Corsairs and Flame of Asuryan for Craftworld.

Veteran-Sergeant

I guess if you did a Prince Yriel themed fleet you could take a little from column A & B.

Ive got a copy of Matt Keefe's "Yriels Raiders" on PDF, which gives you the Flame of Asuryan (Yriel's flagship), and rules for combining BOTH fleets.................

............if you would like a copy, PM me your email.

Edit: you dont need to take Yriels flagship to be able to include both fleets.
    Last edited by Abominable Plague Marine; 08-27-2009 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Adding some info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast