BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default 2000 point "pure" Necrons

So this is an all necron army (by that I mean everything has the necron rule). Just a future plan, it's the first draft so things might change, built to be quite competitive but not a tournament winner, so here's the list.

HQ
    Lord, destroyer body, phylactery, res orb, warscythe - 195
    Lord, res orb, veil of darkness - 200

Troops
    10 warriors - 180
    10 warriors - 180
    10 warriors - 180
    10 warriors - 180

Elites
    10 immortals - 280

Fast attack
    5 destroyers - 250
    5 destroyers - 250

Heavy Support
    Heavy destroyer - 65
    Heavy destroyer - 65
    Heavy destroyer - 65

Total 1990

Well destroyer lord joins one unit of destroyers, his squad and the other will then take a flank along with the heavy destroyers. The rest will form a big wall all moving together, the other lord joining the immortals, the veil of darkness is incase the immortals get into combat, and a quick escape is needed. If it's kill points then the four necron squads will merge to be two squads of 20, the four squads of ten is for objective catching. The enemy will have to wipe out 57 models to phase me out, so I should be all right when it comes to that. Any advice would be nice thanks

@foostoofoo: Seems like a very competitive list, I'm sure it will do fine in tournaments. But be careful with cookie cutter lists; they get old really fast.

-- mkerr
    Check out my new Blog! --- http://www.ChainFist.com
    Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/40kNEWS

Battle-Brother

I agree, its very competitive, lots of fire power. Although, a phase shifter is much more useful than a phlactery. i think squeezing a lith will help to deepstrike and teleport warriors on objectives, though maynot be what you wanna do.

Brother-Captain

Definitely needs more Destroyers, these guys win games. You could get away with losing Warriors for more Destroyers and Immortals. They don't do anything but hold objectives, so toss them in reserve and let your real army do the work.

I know it breaks theme, but a Spyder or two would be handy. With all those fast units with low model counts, you don't want them to stay down if the whole unit goes poof and you don't want to have them babysit each other. Having a Spyder handy means you can keep them mobile and exactly where they need to be.

Default I think you missed something on your math

it looks like your at 2090