BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Whats your favorite legion of traitors?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alpha Legion

22 21.57%
  • Black Legion

4 3.92%
  • Death Guard

18 17.65%
  • Emerors Children

8 7.84%
  • Iron Warriors

8 7.84%
  • Night Lords

8 7.84%
  • Thousand Sons

14 13.73%
  • Word Bearers

8 7.84%
  • World Eaters

12 11.76%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

I think they all have some nice parts but I personally am an Iron Warriors fan.
    I just like the ideas of siege and how the army is portrayed.
    Nice color scheme too.

I think the Night Lords have the coolest look to them, but for me gotta go World Eaters.

I wandered across the spectrum of the chaos powers and have armies dedicated to them all but my Death Guard have broken the 10k points level. I liked the 4th ed rules better but I still dig the 5th ed Death Guard.

Alpha Legion, because I like their color scheme (as it was once presented in a white dwarf), their way of engaging and the idea of using many crazy cultists!

Emperor's Children. They are deviant, twisted, and fun. They were my first favorite and became even more cemented as my favorite with the introduction of Noise Marines. The first Chaos Marine Legion I fell in love with and still one of my favorite Chaos Marine forces. Right up there with all of the others. My Chaos army is meant to represent the forces of a Black Crusade or similar coalition. I have squads painted in pre- and post- heresy colors. I have painted squads in one scheme and painted some squads to appear to be gathered from different Chapters or Legions. I also have painted a few models in the livery of loyalist Marine armies after I beat them to represent the dishonor of being felled by my Traitors. This was a jibe at my buddies and the folks at my old local game store back when we still had one here. It was fun to field a Chaos Marine painted up to resemble the other guy's army commander or another fellow's favorite sergeant model. Kind of a Mirror Universe thing. I haven't done that in a long, long time but I know two guys we game with now who are about to get the Traitor hazing. Maybe I'll give one of the models a goatee.

alpha legion!
    ..before and after I read legion..cause they are the less demonic, more subtle and now they are even loyalists in disguise!
    I'm actually working on a pre heresy army..

I've always been a fan of the World Eaters. Ever since the days of Realms of Chaos and the brilliantly random, yet awesome, armies you could generate. Also I like red.

Alpha Legion I love their use of nonstandard tactics perfect foil for the Ultramarines. Also the HH Book Legion made them even cooler.

This was a tough one.

I love the fluff, look and concept of the Death Guard. They just edged out the other choices.

I like the paint scheme and background of the Alpha Legion.

The idea that the Thousand Sons are empty suits of armor filled with the dust and souls of the Thousand Sons troopers was so cool I almost had to vote for them.

The word Bearers also are the opposite of my beloved Black Templars and I also love the background and look oif them also, close contender.

I have to say Word Bearers, for fluff/narrative reasons. This is the legion that has imbibed chaos most deeply, most feverishly, most faithfully. This is a legion that reeks of chaos, that bathes in it. I like 40k's narrative background primarily due to its distinct blend of science and superstition -- its futuristic gothic vibe, and its impression of a haunted future. The Word Bearers embody and embrace that reality.

I do have to admit, the latest chaos codex makes playing this legion a pretty bland experience.
    And then, of course, the legion has no legion-specific characters or models.
    For authentic playability within the current 40K system and for model support, I'd rank Death Guard pretty high.

But in my own twisted mental universe? It's the Word Bearers who rule.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast