BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 37 of 71 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Hmm well with the Baal perhaps go for a large black cross over the whole vehicle, so that it can be seen looking top down onto it. Not sure how to do that with the turret and all, I know I'd mess it up but would look pretty cool if it can be done I think and would tie in nicely with that front plate cross.

As to the Land Raider I'm not sure a full camo scheme would fit with the rest of the army. Good idea, but perhaps break the red up with a couple large chevrons instead, like how you have with the stripes on other vehicles. that would make it look different but still keeping with the same overall theme of red with angular/geometric black patterns on it.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Cheers, guys! Well, there are a couple of things in the pipeline:

-Baal Predator, basecoated. I'm still trying to figure out what kind of marking to give it. I'd like to break up the red a bit and seeing as it's already sporting the FW Death Company extra plates there will already going to be a few black or copper crosses. Maybe just a broad stripe over the length of width of the vehicle., Perhaps a large chevron?
    I would suggest going with the big cross on top as Brakkart suggested.

-Land Raider: I'm really blocked on this one. I have the urge to paint it in some kind of camouflage but I'm unsure as to which path to take. I did a quickie experiment during basecoating but I'm not happy with it. So I see several possibilities: -Screw the camo and go for red, perhaps with some large marking as on the rest of the vehicles. -Keep the abstract red/black camo alive and fix the pattern. Perhaps some pure clack camo bands (angular or rounded?), maybe even introduce a contrasting colour such an ochre, or maybe that khaki colour I use for the infantry cloth. -Go all-out with camo and give it a mud/rock/forest camo to stay in the style of the weathering mud I used on all vehicles. I could even do a 'washed-on' technique as they did with quick winter-camo in WW2 etc. Y'know with parts of the camouflage washed off and the original red coming through in places?
    You know what, I really want to see an urban camo scheme on a Land Raider.... Just my opinion

Oh, and there's a Storm Talon hiding in a box somewhere. Sometimes I like to freak it out by tapping a hacksaw on the box, or rattling some plasticard. He knows what's coming...
    Stop tormenting that bird, buy the conversion kit and treat her properly
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Brother-Captain

Conversion kit? Is there a conversion kit for that thing out there? :-P

Hmmm, a cross on the Baal Predator, that seems like a good idea. It'll take some careful masking, 'inverted' as the base colour's already on, but should be doable.

The camo thing, yeah, I'm still out on that one. It would break the all-red theme a bit, but then again it might also give some nice variation... Pondering, pondering...
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

I believe he might be thinking of the Chapterhouse Stormraven extension kit, but there are also a lot of interesting mods for the 'Talon out there.

Random odd thought with the Land Raider- what about a Sanguinary Guard gold color scheme?
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Well, Meph, your epic painting skills just forced me to register to BoLS, sub to this thread, and reply to the thread with this:

Holy Heresy, I've read through all pages in one sitting, and it's now 5 in the morning, and I don't even regret it!

Aaand now I'm just gonna return to the shadows to stalk silently again.

First-Captain

Conversion kit? Is there a conversion kit for that thing out there? :-P
    sorry I was thinking of the Storm Raven kit, I keep getting those birds all mixed up
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Brother-Captain

I just hope they don't come up with something like a 'Blood Raven armed with blood cannons' or something silly like that with the upcoming new codex. Poor Space Wolves, they got beaten by the silly-stick hard this time...

Meanwhile, slowly getting there... Over the past few days I've been basing 40 marines, as well doing some more weathering on the Storm Raven, as well as (finally) finished painting the front weapons and magnetized hurricane bolters.
    Obviously, one of the heavy bolters dropped down while I was focusing on the lenzes, but they're just manually stuck in so I can switch between the missile launcher, heavy bolters, and multi-meltas.

The bases are not finished yet, this is just bare flint and flock. I'll go over them with weathering powders to make them more brown and tie them in better with the vehicle weathering.

Whaddayathink?

Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Brother-Sergeant

Man, coming back from a frosting like that on the contemptor is incredible. You should be really pleased.
    Cera cito.

Chapter-Master

I just hope they don't come up with something like a 'Blood Raven armed with blood cannons' or something silly like that with the upcoming new codex. Poor Space Wolves, they got beaten by the silly-stick hard this time...
    That's ok mate! Us dogs are used to a solid beating every now and again!

I love the redesigned storm raven... and the mural on the sides is awesome.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Veteran-Sergeant

Man I wish my BA army looked half as good as yours. I espacially love the gold on your sanguinary guard and trim on other marines and was wondering what your recipe is for it.

Page 37 of 71 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast