BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

WOW! How inspiring!!!
    BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! -BLOOD FOR SANGUINEOUS >.< *yes i know it's not real, but it shuts the chaos people up lol*

Cool as always Meph! Really like your angels and its a pretty big army already!

Keep up the good work!

Brother-Captain

Oh, crickey. Seems like I had a bit of a stumble and fell of the Earth there for a while... The project's not dead, I don't think it'll ever be, but I got sidetracked a bit... An arm injury preventing me from hobby-time, then holidays, then a rediscovery of Space Engineers, culprits and excuses enough... thanks for the replies and comments, people, it is a great motivation for sure.

This week is a bit hectic, but hopefully I'll be able to pick up a brush this weekend again. I have to, I want to, so much good stuff lying around still to paint, and so much good stuff on the horizon as well.

Anywhoo, I hope everyone had a good time around the holidays, that the food was good and plentiful, that the bottles were bottomless and the hangovers infinitesimal. My best wishes to all!
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Brother-Captain

Slowly, every so slowly, something started stirring in the deep...

Chapter-Master

More Bangles?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Captain

Bangles galore! Although it will be more than a few days until I'm up and running though, the other side of that room is a mountain of storage boxes.
    Long story short; moved into a new apartment a few weeks ago and 98% of the household stuff is unpacked, the work has been done, but apparently I amassed a ginormous amount of books over the past decade, and they'll be sitting in a wall of boxes until I can buy and set up a wall's worth of book cabinets behind the painting desk.
    And in a parallel line of evolution that most modelers will recognize, I've also collected quite the amount of boxed miniatures that need assembly and painting...

So that room is currently like one of of the square grid sliding puzzles with only one empty space. It's going to take quite a bit of pondering and cursing to get that room sorted out, as I still need to squeeze in some low drawer cabinets as well, lol.
    Last edited by Meph; 10-27-2016 at 06:58 AM.

Chapter-Master

Brilliant. There's always the question of "can I get one more set of shelves in here?"

Brother-Captain

Aye!
    Or maybe a cupboard under there? And if I move this box up there, and that one there, I gain 10cm² of open floor space. But first I need something that happens to be in that bottom box...

...and so he was never seen again.

Chapter-Master

That space above the door frame makes good storage...

Brother-Captain

Hehehe, the door, I forgot about that one.

In the mean time, some stuff has been done. The setup of the paint area has been completed; assembly/work area on the extreme left, airbrush equipment in the left corner, main work area in the middle and all the equipment in the cupboard on the right. The right desk light is just an old, but good and bright desk lamp, and the lamp on the left is a Taotronics LED desk lamp I bought off of Ebay and is a really nifty piece. Can be switched between daylight and warm white, and the brightness can be controlled, all by slick touch screen-like controls.

And the first bit of work done with it. Touched up the base coat for the tac. squad and gave them a dark red wash. And I think I'll also slowly start assembling the Deimos vindicator and -command rhino, just to change the pace a bit.
    And I've also done some work on what's now become a very, very belated birthday gift for a friend. So that'll get priority to get that finished so I can dive into the red again.

Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast