BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 40 of 71 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

That's a really nice yellow there Meph, Wish I had your patience (and an airbrush) I just tend to use Army Painter's Daemonic Yellow spray personally for my Imperial Fists and then touch up if needed later with the bottle version of it (which is totally not a 100% colour match no matter what their lying adverts say!).
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Lightbulb

Meph, I want you to paint all my blood angels. Your work is so good! I am trying to paint up some space hulk terminators
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0867.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	191.3 KB 
ID:	11303   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0871.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	206.6 KB 
ID:	11304   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0872.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	216.3 KB 
ID:	11305  

Chaplain

Lord Ezekial, your termie looks good to me. Nice looking blood drops on the models.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    That's a really nice yellow there Meph, Wish I had your patience (and an airbrush) I just tend to use Army Painter's Daemonic Yellow spray personally for my Imperial Fists and then touch up if needed later with the bottle version of it (which is totally not a 100% colour match no matter what their lying adverts say!).
    Yeah, that's probably a good idea, if there is a yellow you like in spray can, use that. The coverage will undoubtedly be better than thinned yellow through an airbrush. It doesn't show well in the first photo, but even after 8 coats the coverage was not perfectly 100%. Luckily the thin-ness of the paint also meant it didn't start pooling up in the details, yet, but I wasn't far off. Luckily the subsequent drybrushing and washes did fill out the colour.

[URL="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AS-186-Complete-Airbrush-Kit-Compressor-With-Tank-/200600974912?pt=UK_Crafts_DrawingSupplies_EH&hash= item2eb4bff640"]And, psssst... for the price of just one big GW model kit...[/URL] What's holding you back?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ezekial View Post
    Meph, I want you to paint all my blood angels. Your work is so good! I am trying to paint up some space hulk terminators
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodangel 83 View Post
    Lord Ezekial, your termie looks good to me. Nice looking blood drops on the models.
    Good stuff indeed, good colour tones. At first sight it seems very well done, but it also looks like you're still drybrushing not dry enough. I'm just basing myself of what I see on the crux terminatus and the skull on the knee. And maybe redefine some edges here and there. Also, with a very, very dry drybrush.
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Thanks for the advice Meph! Its appreciated

Brother-Captain

So here's the last two steps before assembly. (I also updated the close-up photo strip)
    Of course, I was a bit eager to glue them together and so I can do the weathering separately...

Aaand here they are stuck together with a coat of Klear on top. I'll have to redefine some edges here and there as the varnish muted it a bit. The sarge already received his freshen-up.
    And then it's on to some light sponge-weathering..

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    [URL="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AS-186-Complete-Airbrush-Kit-Compressor-With-Tank-/200600974912?pt=UK_Crafts_DrawingSupplies_EH&hash= item2eb4bff640"]And, psssst... for the price of just one big GW model kit...[/URL] What's holding you back?
    Ohhh... bookmarks that link for the future after xmas shopping is all done and I deserve a treat! Thanks for that and hot diggity damn that squad looks nice, those helmets really pop! Might be a pain having to do them seperate and all, but the finished result sure is worth it!
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chaplain

And nice use of Sang. Guard jump packs

Brother-Captain

Cheers, guys! Well, the jump packs are actually the ones that came with the MKIV assault squad from Forgeworld.

Chaplain

might i add one suggestion? something to remove the gloss from the transfers? unless thats happening at a later stage, other than that they look great, if a bit dark redwise for my taste, i would happily drool over them irl

Rar

currently working on a line of sci-fi bunkers and tunneling, input always appreciated

Page 40 of 71 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast