BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Default Admiration

Meph I've just sifted through all 57 pages in a single sitting!!!! Stunning mate simply stunning!!! looking forward to seeing more of your work.
    quomodo meis incessus? Sammael grand Master of the Ravenwing

Brother-Captain

Wow, and that's quite the compliment to have your first post as well. Cheers!

Also, with the # posts per page set to maximum (in your profile settings), it's only 15 pages. ^_^
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Brother-Captain

Ohh that white cross on the red helmet works really well. Might borrow that for the apothecary I'm gonna have to do at some point once I get around to my command squad for the 3rd company.

Also need to buy some washers as been using 2 magnets instead of one and a washer too.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Duck View Post
    "Holy woodwinds, Batman!"
    "Yes Robin. By blowing the proper combination and series of notes, we can not only save our Battle Bothers grievous wounds, but may also find the cure for the Red Curse!"
    Totally read that in Adam West's voice.

Brother-Captain

And here it he is, assembled, oiled, and based. Not too shabby, eh?

I did have a slight mishap. The coat of matte varnish I put on the coat did leave some sort of a texture, but not frosting. So I had to give that another coat of gloss to try to get rid of said texture and used a brush-on matte varnish from Vallejo to make the cloth matter than the armour, which received a satin coat, just like the rest of the marines.

Very dark and ominous!! Was magnetising the jump pack easy? Im trying to magnetise all of my assault marines to save on costs/space

Not too shabby at all; your painting ability is something to aspire to. Someday when I finish all my scratch projects my first order of business is to try to become a reasonable competent painter.
    "It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Caliban View Post
    Very dark and ominous!! Was magnetising the jump pack easy? Im trying to magnetise all of my assault marines to save on costs/space
    Yeah, pretty easy actually. The magnets I have neatly fit into the sockets on the jump- and back pack, only a little bit of adjustment needed. On the marine you'll have to slice away the knob and drill a hole (pilot hole, bigger drill, final drill) to glue in the magnet. I then covered that magnet with some greenstuff. This helps to protect the magnet from each contact with the back pack. Those tiny magnets do have some force and if it's directly magnet-on-magnet you will chip paint and even risk pulling out a magnet if the superglue gets cracked loose from each violent joining.

Of course, as was pointed out to me, it's more economical to get tiny bolts or washes for the backpack so you have only magnet-metal object instead of magnet-magnet.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
    Not too shabby at all; your painting ability is something to aspire to. Someday when I finish all my scratch projects my first order of business is to try to become a reasonable competent painter.
    Don't hesitate to poke my brain, your models deserve some painting love after all that building-love. And you know, my techniques are mainly just drybrushing and washes.
    Last edited by Meph; 01-12-2016 at 09:20 AM.

I normally use 3mm diameter x 2mm for magnetising things like terminator heavy weapon arms, I never greenstuff over them so thanks for than idea.

I've never attempted magnetizing anything as small as a backpack with the following method but this works rather well for me.

I encapsulate the magnet in a close fitting styrene tube (Evergreen Styrene) sanding the tube until the file is flush with the surface of the magnet face. I then glue the thinnest styrene sheeting available .010" (0,25 MM) to both ends of the tube and mark the polarity. You now have a magnet fully compatible with styrene glue and almost assuredly not to be broken loose. I've done this procedure with magnets as small a 1,0 by 3,0 MM with satisfactory results.
    "It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast