BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 71 1231151 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Default Blood Angels Army Project (pic carpet bombing)

Wehey! A quicky introduction perhaps: After lurking on the blog for many years I decided to share my most recent project, which I actually started half a year ago.

As the project's been going on on some other forae, I'll just copy/paste the posts/pics in a row and continue in real-time from there.

After getting the bug again last year, after painting a large scale Space Marine from Forgeworld (it's posted over at coolminiornot) I started eyeballing my old mini's again. A friend of mine got bitten by the same bug again and he started polishing his old Space Wolves army again also so we hatched the fiendish plot to get an army together again within a year or so (busy lives...) so we could do a 2vs2 battle against some other players sometime.
    As over the past 10 years, the amount of cool 40K minatures increased dramatically I felt like it was time to start more-or-less anew and a big 6 months ago the project kicked into high-gear and we started buying and assembling mini's again.

The project: To resurrect my Blood Angels army, paint up some new mini's and in a few months time, challenge a mate to a battle. That'll be the first in over 6 years or so ^^. By no means it's meant as a highly competitive army, just a bunch of cool mini's with a light cencept army list-wise.

So here goes, the biggy of the army, a Land Raider Crusader to ferry the Captain, Reclusiarch and Sanguinary priest (all in termy armour), plus their body guard of a 5-man close combat Terminator Squad.

It's lightly converted with the Forgeworld BA doors and some Dremel'ed and remodeled battle damage. i also used some extra resin and etched brass details here and there.

Funny thing how regular thin masking tape is exàctly the same with as Land Raider tracks. ^^

It took quite a few hours to assemble properly actually. The plan is to use the weathering skills learned with my big Marine on this vehicle so no rush, patience is the key.

First steps after assembly, a black undercoat and a base coat of roughly 50/50 Mechadendrite Red and blood red, mixed with some Vallejo airbrush thinner and a little bit of Klear to give some strength to the paint. That GW paint gun is a lovely tool to apply base coats. No tricky mechanics to clean afterwards...

Brother-Captain

Some progress: I applied some gentle shading and highlights with an airbrush to break up the even tone a bit. There are some tiny splatters here and there but I'll get rid of those during the weathering process.

Brother-Captain

Some progress; gentle highlighting using a brush here and there, very dry drybrushing and the decals are applied so they can be messed up during the weathering process.

Also included are some photo's of a mate of mine's SW Crusader, he's building and painting it at the same time as me. A perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon away from professional life. ^^

Brother-Captain

Brother-Captain

*edit* Double post
    Last edited by Meph; 12-15-2010 at 12:52 PM.

Brother-Captain

Brother-Captain

Some more weathering and finishing the details, which are time consuming but have to be done before the weathering continues.

Default looks good

Looks like your tank will be spot on! The only thing I have to ask is why you didnt drill out the hurricane bolters? Its an easy step and really shows the whole extra mile thing. It probably won't take as long as the tape work. At any rate looks good !

I agree, drilling out barrels is right up there with mold lines in my books; another small detail that just bumps the quality of the model up that extra notch. Don't forget the little assault cannon barrels too! They can usually be handled by the the end of an X-acto knife blade if you lack a small enough drill bit, since at that size a conical hole isn't noticeably different from the proper cylindrical one.

Occuli Imperator

I like the paint job, but Im not the biggest fan of decals... I'll reserve my final judge,met for the end... But seriously, I really do like the spray job

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 71 1231151 ... LastLast